Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Schoeman Boerdery extends a hand to a hundred rural communities
- No workforce means that fruit remains on trees
- ‘Starch found in bananas can reduce some cancers by more than half’
- “Japanese market is very demanding when it comes to fruit quality”
- “Citrus from South Africa, Egypt, Morocco and Argentina are highly sought after in Baltic”
Morrison's renews Norbert Dentressangle contract
Through its acquisition of Christian Salvesen, Norbert Dentressangle has operated the Bellshill DC since it opened in 1989, initially for Safeway and, since its own acquisition of Safeway in 2004, for Morrisons.
Employing more than 1,000 people in total, 35 of whom have worked at the site since it opened, Norbert Dentressangle is responsible for managing Morrisons’ 575,000 sq ft composite distribution centre, along with a further 85,000 sq ft fresh produce distribution centre, both serving Morrisons’ stores throughout Scotland.
Norbert Dentressangle handles Morrisons’ complete range of food products covering ambient groceries, bread, fresh prepared and frozen products and fresh produce, with the warehouse team receiving, picking and despatching around the clock seven days a week to ensure the best possible freshness for Morrisons customers. The company also manages Morrisons’ Scottish delivery operations, along with the supply of frozen food to stores in the North of England.
Norbert Dentressangle also operates the on-site Resource Recovery Unit which collects 60 tonnes of plastic and 900 tonnes of cardboard for recycling and sorts 1.1 million trays every month, helping Morrisons achieve its environmental targets.
Norbert Dentressangle and Morrisons are also exploring opportunities to extend the relationship beyond Bellshill and find synergies between their wider distribution operations, in order to maximise vehicle utilisation for both companies.
Ross Eggleton, Morrisons Group Logistics Director said: ”We are pleased to have agreed a contract extension with Norbert Dentressangle for our Bellshill site following positive negotiations. I’d also like to recognise the contribution that the colleagues and site have made to the Morrisons business as they celebrate 25 years, a fantastic milestone especially for colleagues who have been with us since day one.”
With more than 500 stores throughout the UK, Morrisons operates a nationwide distribution network comprising eight major centres, including severn multi-temperature composite distribution centres, complemented by additional satellite centres and three convenience store centres
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-12 Fresh Del Monte doubles down on logistics services with two new deals
- 2022-08-12 Port of Long Beach: Most active July on record
- 2022-08-11 US Transportation Department works with supply chain firms to ease port congestion
- 2022-08-11 Smooth flow of citrus exports from Durban relieves an anxious industry
- 2022-08-11 China-Laos Railway ships over 1 million tons cross-border
- 2022-08-10 Federal Maritime Commission chair calls on carriers to pay for container storage
- 2022-08-10 Shipping container lines will break last year’s profit record
- 2022-08-10 Felixstowe port workers to strike after pay rise talks stalemate
- 2022-08-09 'Motorists could drive lorries without extra test'
- 2022-08-09 Shipping jam negatively affects exports
- 2022-08-09 Maersk Costa Rica Express to make first call at DP World Southampton
- 2022-08-09 Container shortage raises freight costs to Brazil
- 2022-08-09 Cathay Pacific Cargo resumes Queensland-Hong Kong service
- 2022-08-09 Bangladesh: Severe fuel price hike leads to unofficial trucker strike
- 2022-08-09 Port of Rotterdam Authority provides insight into waiting times for container ships
- 2022-08-09 Carbon footprint of importing food could be 7.5x higher than thought
- 2022-08-09 "We see applications for our collapsible containers everywhere along the supply chain"
- 2022-08-09 Hapag-Lloyd LIVE: installations for real-time tracking of standard containers starts in August
- 2022-08-08 European road transport prices break new records
- 2022-08-08 Shipping line profits continue to rise