- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
- Sales Person
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW MANGOES
- “By investing in the farm, we have more control of how things are done"
- "Having introduced the conventional bananas now in Sweden we are looking to introduce our brand into Europe”
- The popularity of a unique exotic fruit set to soar in Australia in coming seasons
- PolyNatural is moving to US to be close with clients from the apple and pear organic market
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Winter organic Peruvian grapes begin
With the vines in their second year of production, Awe Sum Organics expects to see a larger crop this season. Nick Moless, Program Manager for Awe Sum Organics said “the greater supply will be welcomed, and allow us to reach more customers with this amazing product; however, demand is still projected to well outpace supply.”
Awe Sum Organics plans to start shipping organic Red Crimson seedless grapes by mid-December. The harvest was underway in Peru two weeks ago when Mr. Posner travelled to the vineyard to see the fruit in the field, the current harvest, and the fruit being packed in the new state-of-the art packing facility. “Our Crimson Seedless have a beautiful color and also great flavor, with a smaller berry size than our Sugraones,” said Mr. Posner. The total volume of the Crimsons will be much more limited than the Sugraones, and the crop will have a shorter window.
The organic grape program will finish with organic seeded Red Globes, which start after the seedless varieties end, around the first of the year. The Red Globes will boast the largest berry size of all three varieties, as well as exceptional color and eating quality. The organic Red Globes will be available in larger volumes than the organic seedless Crimsons. Awe Sum is pleased with the reception the Red Globe seeded grapes received last season. “Some customers expressed concern about their ability to sell organic seeded grapes,” stated Mr. Moless, “and many started by trying out a small volume. What they found was their customers bought them in similar volumes as the seedless varieties.”
One of the aspects of the program that Awe Sum Organics is most proud of is the fact that they are Fair for Life certified by IMO Switzerland as well as 100% of their organic grape production. Fair for Life certification guarantees fair wages, good working conditions and social responsibility at each and every stage of production and throughout the distribution chain.
Since 1985, Awe Sum Organics has been a leader in the organic movement. “Throughout our growth, we have remained dedicated to the principles on which Awe Sum Organics was founded. In addition to outstanding taste and quality, our fruit embodies core ethics which we will never compromise. We believe in doing what is right for humankind, and the environment as a whole,” said David.
Each Awe Sum Organics grape carton is an 18lb minimum, containing 12 zipper bags.
For more information:
Awe Sum Organics
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-14 More winter strawberries harvested in Italy
- 2022-01-14 “Melon cultivation modernization not making up for increasing costs”
- 2022-01-14 Peruvian frozen strawberry exports increased by 50% in 2021
- 2022-01-14 China: Winter strawberries to grab the "fresh" market
- 2022-01-14 “The Legend apple is also available in organic”
- 2022-01-14 Free State apple packer expects 35% increase in volumes this year
- 2022-01-14 Australian melon growers remain resilient, despite many challenges
- 2022-01-14 "The pandemic has made us realize that we are capable of reinventing ourselves and has made us all much more professional"
- 2022-01-14 Chilean fresh fruit exports have increased by almost 8% over the previous season
- 2022-01-14 UK: Aldi and Somerset farm collaboration offers winter strawberries year-round
- 2022-01-14 PolyNatural is moving to US to be close with clients from the apple and pear organic market
- 2022-01-14 "Argentina exports 8,500 tons of fresh blueberries in this campaign"
- 2022-01-13 January apple tracker reports storage down just over 4 percent from 2021
- 2022-01-13 Staay Food Group prepares for another Costa Rican melon season
- 2022-01-13 Logistics problems and high costs pressure melon industry
- 2022-01-13 Wakkerstroom farm makes sure apple quality trumps yield
- 2022-01-13 "Quite good red currant demand but hospitality closure is making it hard to get good prices"
- 2022-01-13 Two hectares of blueberry plantation in Lucena del Puerto were robbed
- 2022-01-13 "Supply chains are disrupted, from absent patrons to distributors to the industry"
- 2022-01-13 Nominations opening for watermelon promotion board