- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Poland launch bid to supply apples to China
Konrad Zawadzki from the Association of Polish Fruit and Vegetables Distributors, "Fruit Union" said the project was to promote European bi-coloured apples.
"The project is around 80% funded by the EU and also by Polish grower's and export associations. Varieties from all over Europe will be promoted."
Pawel Zalewski and Konrad Zawadzki at China FVF.
"We are not trying to compete with the Chinese apples, the varieties we have are very different from the domestic apples and we don't have the advantage of the off season which countries such as New Zealand enjoy."
At the moment Poland has no entry into China, but Zawadzki hopes to gain this in 2015.
"Exporting to Asia is all about building relations and getting to know people. Other European countries already have entry for apples, for example, France and Czech can already send apples to China. The quality and protocols such as Global Gap are practically the same throughout Europe, so I hope we can follow soon."
In the years to come he is hoping that Poland can export around 30% of Poland's apple production to China, Idared is our main variety, it is not known in China yet so we have some work to do."
This program was started two years ago, so before the Russian ban, "we knew back then that we had to diversify our markets and like a lot of others we wanted to be in the Chinese market. We already have entry into Canada, the Middle East and India."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-26 Chilean fresh plum market to the U.S. reopens under systems approach
- 2022-01-26 Hazera Spain developed two new mini seedless watermelons
- 2022-01-26 Rockit launches themed gift boxes for Chinese New Year
- 2022-01-26 Blueberries have developed very well in the dunes of Pisco
- 2022-01-26 Peruvian blueberry exports up 30% in volume so far
- 2022-01-26 South African plum campaign targets UK consumers
- 2022-01-26 "Production volume and price of Hami melons both go up as Chinese Spring Festival approaches"
- 2022-01-26 "Metis® is already a recognized premium alternative to traditional plums"
- 2022-01-26 "We've begun other Central American melon seasons with more stock"
- 2022-01-26 Weather still troubles grape growers in Nashik and Sangli districts
- 2022-01-26 France: Apple stocks increasing and pear stocks cut in half
- 2022-01-25 "The growth of the blueberry industry in Northland was eventually going to be stifled by a lack of post-harvest providers"
- 2022-01-25 Turning to charter vessels to move Chilean blueberries
- 2022-01-25 Cherry breeding in Africa provides opportunities to meet growing demand
- 2022-01-25 Berry grower introduces hydroponic tabletop strawberry line
- 2022-01-25 Could Eastern apple growers see opportunity in 2022?
- 2022-01-25 Campaign asks people to ‘Pick Nelson Tasman’ again
- 2022-01-25 APHIS revises requirements for fresh plum fruit from Chile into the United States
- 2022-01-25 "We have shipped about 9% less fruit compared to last year"
- 2022-01-25 Rare trollinger grapes found on Central Otago vineyard