- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
- Quality Controller
Top 5 -yesterday
- Smaller 2022-2023 apple crop for Washington
- "Harvest glove improves picking performance of blueberry"
- Hot in the field and on the onion market: onion prices reach 31-32 cents per bale
- NZ avocado industry expects price drops as key Australian market is overflowing
- New Israeli innovation could increase avocado availability in the near future
Top 5 -last week
- ‘Starch found in bananas can reduce some cancers by more than half’
- GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW MELONS AND WATERMELONS
- "Since COVID, the turnover of pre-packaged pomegranate seeds and de-crowned strawberries has skyrocketed"
- South African government negotiates a settlement with the European Union to clear citrus blocked in EU ports
- Seven produce industry trends of 2022
Top 5 -last month
Grand opening of potato processing plant in China
The facility expands Lamb Weston’s operations in a market that has growing demand for frozen potato products. Lamb Weston makes a variety of frozen potato, sweet potato and other vegetable products for restaurants, retailers and foodservice operators in more than 100 countries around the world, and has been doing business in China and throughout Asia for more than 25 years, leading the way in market development.
The plant is located in one of the largest potato growing regions in China and provides Lamb Weston the ability to make frozen potato products closer to its expanding customer base and meet the growing demand for frozen potato products in Asia. Approximately 340 employees make frozen french fries for quick service restaurant and foodservice customers. The facility also produces potato flakes.
Since acquiring TaiMei, ConAgra Foods has invested in updates to the facility to meet exacting standards for employee safety, food safety and quality, bringing advanced potato planting and processing technologies to the market. The facility began production on Oct. 31.
Opening ceremony. From Left to Right: Dennis Foo, vice president and general manager, China, ConAgra Foods Lamb Weston; Greg Schlafer, president, ConAgra Foods Lamb Weston; Paul Maass, president Private Brands and Commercial Foods, ConAgra Foods; Government officials.
“This is a big day for ConAgra Foods Lamb Weston and our business in China,” said Greg Schlafer, president, Lamb Weston. “We’re pleased to be a part of the local community here in Shangdu, supporting the agricultural economy in the region. We’re confident in our local workforce, and we’re proud to bring our more than 60 years of potato processing experience to the area with a focus on safe, efficient and sustainable operations.”
For more information, please visit us at www.lambweston.com or the Chinese site, www.lambweston.com.cn/.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-15 Hot in the field and on the onion market: onion prices reach 31-32 cents per bale
- 2022-08-15 Philippines: Bureau of Customs finds P36 mln worth of smuggled onions from China
- 2022-08-12 Potato yield increasing year-on-year with MIRAVIS Prime fungicide
- 2022-08-12 "We are already predicting lower yields, a reduction of 20-25%"
- 2022-08-11 New research hopes to preserve potatoes for US food supply
- 2022-08-11 FAO supports Peru’s proposal to establish global ‘International Potato Day’
- 2022-08-11 Ireland: Retail sales and domestic potato consumption plateaued again
- 2022-08-11 'Jumbo red and yellow onion market is softening a bit, medium sizes are staying strong'
- 2022-08-11 Potato cultivation plans encounter problems in Kandhamal district
- 2022-08-11 Onion growers demand better prices as exports are too low
- 2022-08-10 ‘Reasonable prices for onions or protests will follow’
- 2022-08-10 South Korea slashes tariffs on Chinese onions to combat inflation
- 2022-08-10 Rwandan farmers eagerly await GE disease-resistant potato
- 2022-08-10 "Its our task to get the same resistance into table and chip potatoes as well"
- 2022-08-10 DMN sprout suppressant receives GB authorisation
- 2022-08-09 Filipino government considers white onions importation
- 2022-08-09 Potato growers ask McCain Foods for 78% price increase
- 2022-08-09 Egyptian sweet potato season has become more challenging every year
- 2022-08-09 Tajikistan bans onion exports
- 2022-08-08 Tasmanian growers start dropping potatoes after price negotiations with Simplot stall