Top 5 -yesterday
- California stone fruit growers remain watchful following recent rains
- Seven produce industry trends of 2022
- Tshwane market closed in crackdown on non-compliances with labor and immigration law
- "Export price of Chinese ginger increased by nearly 30% compared to last month"
- "I can't remember when Brix levels have ever been as high"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Schoeman Boerdery extends a hand to a hundred rural communities
- No workforce means that fruit remains on trees
- “Japanese market is very demanding when it comes to fruit quality”
- “Citrus from South Africa, Egypt, Morocco and Argentina are highly sought after in Baltic”
- Fate of South African oranges en route to Europe discussed at highest political levels
US: High demand and higher prices for Chilean cherries
In the U.S., high demand and higher prices for the Chilean fruit. In Europe, the first prices for the Chilean supply were recorded in Holland. In the UK the first volumes from Chile and Argentina arrived this week. In Latin America, the season hasn’t started in Colombia. In Brazil, the movement is reported slow, mainly due to the high prices. In China/HK severe price adjustment for the Chilean supply.
In the U.S., lower volumes of Californian grapes are recorded and first arrivals from Peru are reported. In the European Continent, grape from Peru slowly begins its season. In the UK, grapes from Brazil and the USA are observed on the markets. In Russia, the price of the Peruvian supply increased. In Asia, the supply from USA reported higher volumes this week. In Latin America, peruvian and North American Red Globe supply is observed in Colombia. In Brazil, slow sales movements are reported for all types of fruits.
In the U.S., a higher demand than supply and steady prices are reported. In the European Continent, upward price adjustments for the southern hemisphere supply. In the UK, the argentinian supply is still dominating the market. In China/HK, a slow movement market is observed.
In the US, an unstable demand and pressure on prices is reported. In Europe, the Chilean supply continues dominating in Hass, with low volumes and price stability. In the UK, the low level of supply continues while the Northern H. supply is beginning its season.
Please click here for more information.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 British Columbia: Pilot program helps recruit & retain seasonal domestic agriculture workers
- 2022-08-10 Seven produce industry trends of 2022
- 2022-08-10 Western Growers applauds $4 billion in drought-relief funding
- 2022-08-10 Spanish household fruit and vegetable consumption back to pre-covid normal
- 2022-08-10 "Market demand for fresh-keeping products remains high as the fruit season in the northern hemisphere is in full swing"
- 2022-08-10 Cost of fruit and vegetables to drop in Australia in coming weeks
- 2022-08-10 Tshwane market closed in crackdown on non-compliances with labor and immigration law
- 2022-08-10 Multi-channel approach benefits farmers’ fight against fall armyworm
- 2022-08-09 Ambassador for Bord Bia’s ‘Life is Better with Fruit and Vegetables’ campaign
- 2022-08-09 Icy weather affects crops at Etunda, Namibia
- 2022-08-09 Euro's drop against the dollar could harm Brazilian fruit exports
- 2022-08-09 WA biosecurity problems put Ord Valley on edge
- 2022-08-09 "Optimal crop yields in the smallest area and only a few meters from the shelf"
- 2022-08-09 'Italian Victorias and Black Magic stood out'
- 2022-08-09 Korean government considers slashing tariffs on imported produce ahead of Chuseok
- 2022-08-09 Southeastern European countries importing more and more fresh fruits and vegetables
- 2022-08-09 "Now is the time for an agricultural turnaround"
- 2022-08-08 Saudi Arabia allows imports of fruits and vegetables from Serbia
- 2022-08-08 US trade mission to Philippines wants to unlock export opportunities
- 2022-08-08 Total ad numbers this week saw 2% increase from last week