- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
- Sales Person
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Opportunities for Dutch suppliers in Sweden?
“Organic produce should be sold with minimum packaging”
Michael took the opportunity to visit a dozen other stores at the event, including Coop and Axfood. "The retailers all agreed that the demand for organic has been growing rapidly of late. Organic is increasingly the norm in Sweden." According to Michael, this is visible in the large amount of organic products on the shelves.
He continues: "It struck us that in supermarkets, organic fruits and vegetables are offered in bulk as much as possible. This makes them look more beautiful and natural, and they are more likely to end up in the basket."
Michael also noticed that many different products and variants displayed on shelves aren’t actually grown in Sweden. "This certainly offers opportunities for Dutch businesses, keen to supply upcoming markets. Especially considering the fact that Sweden doesn’t do much in terms of production. For creative companies with interesting products, Sweden is a very appealing market."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-17 Gruppo Libretti converts 20 hectares to organic cultivation techniques
- 2022-01-14 Demand for organic products in Spain increased more than demand for mass consumption products during 2021
- 2022-01-13 "Europe represents a huge export market for Dutch organic growers"
- 2022-01-13 Blueberries no 1 in organic exports from Chile
- 2022-01-13 Abel & Cole will donate some 1.5 million portions of fruit & veg to food banks
- 2022-01-12 “The vegetables from Bay of Mont Saint-Michel's organic range benefit from a unique terroir in Europe”
- 2022-01-12 Brazil: Selection process opened for Ater services for organic producers
- 2022-01-10 Great growing conditions for organic Kuri pumpkins and apples on Waterberg farm
- 2022-01-10 Organic produce at 19% of ads in first week of 2022
- 2022-01-06 Happy Family Organics for regenerative supporting farms
- 2022-01-05 Spain is the leading producer of organic products in Europe but Spanish consumption of these products has stalled
- 2022-01-05 Zimbabwe’s smallholder farmers secure European pineapple market
- 2022-01-04 Sicilian organic crops for German and Swiss markets
- 2022-01-04 "Quality differences need to be emphasized more, especially at the POS".
- 2022-01-04 Duncan Family Farms acquires Pedersen Farms
- 2021-12-21 Spending on organic products increased by 7% in Spain
- 2021-12-20 Tanzanian stakeholders call for creation of national organic agriculture policy
- 2021-12-20 Sales of produce more than doubled under organic horticulture project
- 2021-12-17 Region of Valencia has become a leader in organic farming
- 2021-12-15 Organic apple orchard eyes eco-conscious consumers with organic fruit, sustainable packaging