Top 5 -yesterday
- California stone fruit growers remain watchful following recent rains
- Seven produce industry trends of 2022
- Tshwane market closed in crackdown on non-compliances with labor and immigration law
- "Export price of Chinese ginger increased by nearly 30% compared to last month"
- "I can't remember when Brix levels have ever been as high"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Schoeman Boerdery extends a hand to a hundred rural communities
- No workforce means that fruit remains on trees
- “Japanese market is very demanding when it comes to fruit quality”
- “Citrus from South Africa, Egypt, Morocco and Argentina are highly sought after in Baltic”
- Fate of South African oranges en route to Europe discussed at highest political levels
Aramark and The Oppenheimer Group take Top Honors from the Chilean American Chamber of Commerce
In addition the President, Chairman and CEO of The Oppenheimer Group (Oppy), John Anderson, will be honored with the Chamber’s Lifetime Achievement Award.
Oppy is now the top North American importer of Chilean stonefruit, bringing millions of dollars in business through the ports along the Delaware River.
Both awardees have charted new territory in the realm of international connections and business innovation between nations. His Excellency Juan Gabriel Valdés, Chile’s Ambassador to the United States, Rob Wonderling, President & CEO of the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce, and Pennsylvania State Senator, Mike Stack, will join the Chamber in offering commendations to both honorees.
With over 300 expected attendees, this year’s event also celebrates the long-standing trade partnership and enduring friendship between the Republic of Chile and the Greater Philadelphia region, along with the business leaders who make it all happen.
Visionary business leader John Anderson of The Oppenheimer Group is being awarded the Chamber’s Lifetime Achievement Award. For nearly 40 years, John Anderson’s finely-honed business instincts have left an indelible mark on a global industry, while building Oppy into a strong and successful produce marketing enterprise.
The Oppenheimer Group currently utilizes all four major facilities on the Delaware River: Holt Terminal in Gloucester City, New Jersey; Tioga Marine Terminal and Packer Avenue Marine Terminal in Philadelphia, and the Port of Wilmington, Delaware to import grapes, berries, cherries, citrus, kiwifruit and stone fruit from Chile. In a typical year, the Oppenheimer Group receives 4.5 to 5 million cartons of Chilean produce through these port facilities.
The Chilean & American Chamber of Commerce of Greater Philadelphia (CACCGP) is a non-profit, apolitical membership organization created to foster increased and improved commercial and trade relations between the Republic of Chile and the Greater Philadelphia region. The Chamber brings together people and businesses with an interest in reaching this goal through participation in a variety of activities and programs.
To learn more, call the Chilean & American Chamber of Commerce visit www.caccgp.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 Benson Hill announces second quarter 2022 financial results
- 2022-08-10 Calavo Growers, Inc. names Helen Kurtz to lead Prepared Segment
- 2022-08-10 McFarland fruit-breeding facility expected to attract talent, partner companies
- 2022-08-10 JBT Corporation reports second quarter 2022 results and signs definitive agreement to acquire Bevcorp
- 2022-08-10 Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- 2022-08-10 AgroFresh Solutions reports results for second quarter and first half of 2022
- 2022-08-10 Sydney Markets Ltd launches new brand logo and identity
- 2022-08-10 Limoneira celebrates 130th anniversary
- 2022-08-10 Carrefour to contribute 350,000 euros to revitalize regions through organic farming
- 2022-08-09 Pacific Trellis Fruit expands organization
- 2022-08-09 Monterey Mushrooms welcomes sales manager
- 2022-08-09 Stord unlocks cold storage with Fresh Del Monte partnership
- 2022-08-09 Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. reports strong Q2 2022 net sales amidst unprecedented cost pressures
- 2022-08-09 Lamb Weston reports fiscal fourth quarter and full year 2022 results
- 2022-08-09 Strong local demand and new product sales contribute to improved interim results
- 2022-08-09 Kivits-Goes Handling acquires two Fresh Pack Logistics cold stores
- 2022-08-09 Bakker Brothers holds open field days in Jordan
- 2022-08-09 Hoogsteder director Frans Scholts retires
- 2022-08-09 Robert Sauer returns to his own company
- 2022-08-08 Maersk continues to grow logistics business and deliver record results