Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Schoeman Boerdery extends a hand to a hundred rural communities
- No workforce means that fruit remains on trees
- Brazilian melon grower and exporter charters own boats to Europe
- “Japanese market is very demanding when it comes to fruit quality”
- “Citrus from South Africa, Egypt, Morocco and Argentina are highly sought after in Baltic”
Richard Kruijer, Tuindersbelang:
Good cabbage harvest, moderate export
"Every week there are loads going to England, Ireland, Scotland, France, Spain, Italy, Israel and Dubai, but they are certainly not spectacular volumes. This has resulted in a moderate price level that ranges between 8 and 21 cents for white cabbage and 8 and 15 cents for red cabbage. The red cabbage growing area was expanded after a few good years in Europe, but now we are feeling the consequences of that expansion," continues Richard.
When asked what could change the situation in the cabbage market, the merchant replied: "First off, cooler weather; that always stimulates cabbage export. We are obviously also missing being able to sell our products in Russia. Not that Russia was a big destination this time of year, but countries like Poland are also looking for other destinations to export too, and that affects us as well."
For more information:
1749 VA Warmenhuizen
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-08 Incessant rains cause trouble for Mysuru vegetable growers
- 2022-08-08 Unusual heat doubled tomato prices in Tajikistan
- 2022-08-08 "Egypt and Morocco have made a strong entry into the Brazilian market with their garlic"
- 2022-08-08 High demand for fresh and sweet carrots in the Northeast Region
- 2022-08-08 "From an initial 15 hectares, we have been able to expand organic vegetable production to approximately 600 hectares"
- 2022-08-08 "Vegetable supplies are severely disrupted this season as growers face a crisis under a mountain of challenges"
- 2022-08-08 "In terms of both cultivation and consumption, we see further growth potential for blueberries"
- 2022-07-22 Supply disruptions push up Bengaluru vegetable prices
- 2022-07-22 Schoeman Boerdery extends a hand to a hundred rural communities
- 2022-07-22 Unsatisfactory prices will have unforeseeable consequences for crop year 2023
- 2022-07-22 How mushroom growth time lapses are filmed
- 2022-07-22 Shortage of certain tomato varieties expected this fall
- 2022-07-22 Oversupply triggers crash in tomato price in Chennai market
- 2022-07-22 South Korea: Oversupply of smart farming vegetables calls for more supply platforms
- 2022-07-22 TSI Italian open day on table tomatoes held in Verona
- 2022-07-22 Philippines and Japan strive to enhance vegetable value chain
- 2022-07-22 "We were able to double our total volume of king trumpet mushrooms from German soil"
- 2022-07-22 New Bimi Broccoli vegetable now available in supermarkets in France
- 2022-07-22 "We can do any color mixes of radishes, as long as we know on time"
- 2022-07-21 Jersey Fresh tomatoes giveaway today