- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
- Sales Person
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
International Fruit Genetics appoints new President
Mr. Behmke received his B.A. from Princeton and his Juris Doctorate from Yale Law School and was most recently a Partner in the law firm of Carle, Mackie, Power & Ross LLP, Santa Rosa, California. He brings over 31 years of experience to the company.
IFG General Manager, Dr. David Cain, says “We are very thrilled to have Jay on board. With his entrepreneur skills, intellect, and worldwide business experience, Jay brings leadership skills to manage and grow our rapidly expanding business”. Dr. Cain will continue to concentrate on new variety development while Mr. Behmke’s emphasis will be on the strategic planning, business management and organization of the company.
At Carle, Mackie, Power & Ross LLP, Mr. Behmke focused on the wine industry providing specialized legal services in alcoholic beverage law, intellectual property, real property, general corporate and mergers and acquisition law to vineyard owners, wineries, nurseries, distributors and industry trade groups. He also served as Manager of Prospect Brands in Healdsburg, California, a privately held wine company that supplies private label and control brands to major retail chains in the United States and China. Mr. Behmke serves as Managing Director of St. Helena, California based Yao Family Wines founded by Yao Ming. The company markets their Napa Valley wines in greater China, Asia and the United States. A former Fulbright Scholar, he has conducted business worldwide, managed an international wine capsule company and held management positions providing legal, financial and administrative advice to numerous wine and technology companies.
Mr. Behmke will join the company as of November 10th.
For more information:
Dr. David Cain
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-18 Vertical Future raises £21 million to stabilize production in the UK
- 2022-01-18 Dutch take over Jung Group
- 2022-01-18 Dutch trader sells two companies, will continue under EvB International
- 2022-01-18 Mecklenburger Ernte doubles space at Verdion logistics center in Gallin
- 2022-01-18 Horizon Logistics welcomes new general manager
- 2022-01-18 7bridges raises $17 mln to automate logistics supply chains through AI
- 2022-01-18 Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. announces management changes
- 2022-01-17 "We hope to be in the new building for the 2023 vegetable season"
- 2022-01-17 China: Taiwan "PX Mart" and "Foodpanda" team up
- 2022-01-14 Trading update for Q4 and full year 2021
- 2022-01-14 Christine Behr appointed as Chief Sales Officer
- 2022-01-14 Machine order from Kurdistan actually human trafficking front
- 2022-01-14 Mission veteran SVP of sales and marketing retires
- 2022-01-14 APH Group acquires Agri 2.0 and continues growth in Russia and Ukraine
- 2022-01-14 Bolthouse Farms new immunity beverages provide a daily dose of immunity support
- 2022-01-13 The importance of mineral nutrition in plants' tolerance to diseases
- 2022-01-13 Pete Pappas & Sons welcomes new GM
- 2022-01-13 Dole seeks acquisitions to grow produce supply
- 2022-01-12 Akorn receives EU approval for its edible coatings for fresh fruit shelf-life extension
- 2022-01-12 "Joining forces allows us to supply figs year-round"