- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW STRAWBERRIES
- Reemoon introduces a world-first smart system to South African packhouses
- Honduras import melon season underway
- Kenyan avocado exporters given four days to seek clearance ahead of ban
- "If you can guarantee quality throughout the chain, you significantly reduce food waste"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Ecuador's Tankay scoops GLOBAL G.A.P award
The GLOBALG.A.P. Summit took place in Abu Dhabi for the first time recently, under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs of the UAE. The event gathered the world's leading decision makers, food safety experts and professionals from all sectors of the food service industry as they discussed the latest developments in Good Agriculture and Aquaculture Practices.
Tankay is the first company in the world that has been duly certified to produce and process Physalis on a large scale, with exports of the fruit reaching as far as France, Holland, Spain, Germany and Canada. With plans of bringing its products into the region and expanding its reach, Tankay is in the process of exploring opportunities to use Dubai as the trading and re-export hub for the rest of the GCC markets.
Commenting on winning the award, Hussam Hassan, Head of the Ecuadorian Commercial Office in Dubai said: "We congratulate Tankay on winning the prestigious GLOBALG.A.P. award. As the Trade and Investment promotion organisation of Ecuador, our aim is to help the Ecuadorian companies to meet its goals of exploring and exporting their high quality products to the world and specially to new emerging markets. Another Ecuadorian product entry into the UAE market will also increase the awareness of our high quality products and strengthen the trade between the UAE and Ecuador."
The CEO of Tankay, Dennis Brito Madrid said: "Due to the strong competition in the global food market, we must encourage even more people to produce and develop non-traditional products that offer quality and added value. Winning the GLOBALG.A.P. award gives us a greater challenge to continue our superior quality of golden berry production known as Physalis. Our key aim is to introduce our product to the UAE market where we see a huge potential. With the help of the Trade and Investment promotion organisation of Ecuador, we are confident that we will be able to reach out to UAE citizens and residents in the near future, as well as to the rest of the GCC."
Tankay also strongly encourages the empowerment of women who work in their farms and production factories. This is in addition to the promotion of wellbeing as well as environmental responsibility and sustainability in their fruit production.
For more information:
Tel: +971 55 7279900
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-21 South Mill Champs expands Atlanta distribution center
- 2022-01-21 Hazel Tech announces Asia Pacific office expansion and investment
- 2022-01-21 The Bonduelle group extends its capital to farming partners and creates the concept of "shareholder producer"
- 2022-01-20 Snijpunt welcomes Jurgen van der Wilk as new commercial manager
- 2022-01-20 Sakata Seed America welcomes senior biotechnology manager
- 2022-01-20 BayWa Global Produce subsidiary TFC Holland to invest in new site
- 2022-01-20 How are Dutch supermarkets faring?
- 2022-01-19 Postharvest academy webinar series launches
- 2022-01-19 Good Foods names EVP and president of Mexican operations
- 2022-01-19 Vision Produce Company promotes VP
- 2022-01-19 CEA Advisors teams up with Parus-Europe for crop specific Strawberry Growtainers
- 2022-01-19 Continental Grain Company invests in Agroberries to accelerate global expansion plans
- 2022-01-19 Lidl gives green light to LEAF Marque on UK fresh produce
- 2022-01-19 "Fantastic step forward in our European goal”
- 2022-01-19 Smurfit Kappa announces USD33 million investment in Fortaleza, Brazil
- 2022-01-19 KBC appoints Dr Roger Hellens as Chief Technology Officer
- 2022-01-19 The first Spanish startup to deliver fruits and vegetables directly from the field to the table in less than an hour
- 2022-01-19 Zimbabwe: Revenue Ariston drops 19 percent
- 2022-01-19 State agribusiness group CDC posts over XAF18 bln loss for 2020
- 2022-01-19 Plenty appoints Arama Kukutai as new CEO