- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Area Sales Manager Benelux
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- ‘EU citrus ban due to false codling moth not politically motivated’
- GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW GARLIC
- "We have noticed that oranges are losing ground and mandarin consumption is on the rise"
- Something sweet out of the bitterness of a citrus season gone awry
- Consumers are buying more frozen vegetables because they are a healthy cheaper option
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
Giumarra introduces one pound kiwifruit bag to market
“We experienced success with our 1 and 2-lb. kiwifruit clamshells and wanted to expand our packaging offering to appeal to a wider consumer base,” says Jason Bushong, division manager for Giumarra Wenatchee. “Our research shows that selling packaged kiwifruit in addition to bulk lifts the sales of the entire category.”
The bag features bright graphics, recipes, and nutritional information, offering eye appeal for consumers and versatility to the retailer.
“This bag delivers on great merchandising opportunities with QR-coded information for consumers, including new and exciting ways to use kiwifruit, such as in kiwifruit salsa,” says Bushong. “We demoed a kiwifruit avocado salsa recipe for consumers and received great feedback. The options to cross merchandise with kiwifruit are incredibly versatile.”
“The size is perfect for smaller families or single-person households who prefer the convenience of a grab-and-go bag,” says Scott Ross, eastern region business manager for Giumarra. “We feel this additional packaging option will ultimately lift kiwifruit sales.”
Giumarra Wenatchee markets a year-round supply of kiwifruit grown in the U.S., New Zealand, Chile, and Italy.
For more information:
The Giumarra Companies
Tel. +1 213-627-2900
Fax. +1 213-628-4878
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-27 Produce supplier partners with National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc.
- 2022-09-27 A unique launch in the paper packaging arena
- 2022-09-27 €140 million until 2025 to reduce the use of plastic and improve plastic waste management
- 2022-09-22 New cling film is compostable with industrial versatility
- 2022-09-20 Spain's food sector still has doubts about plastic tax
- 2022-09-19 Snack tomato packaging wins 'Carton of the Year 2022' award
- 2022-09-19 Reducing environmental impact with customer-designed packaging
- 2022-09-09 Exploring sustainable packaging solutions with 'nakedpak' food wrap made of algae
- 2022-09-08 Packaged fresh fruits market revenue will grow 5.5% from 2021 to 2031
- 2022-09-07 ALDI UK signs long-term agreement with Euro Pool System on returnable packaging equipment
- 2022-09-06 South Africa’s key export markets increase need for recyclable punnets and labels
- 2022-09-05 "We are absorbing the additional costs because our commitment to environmental protection is genuine"
- 2022-09-02 "The carrots are proven to stay fresh longer than in PE bags"
- 2022-08-30 Goodman completes sustainable new CHEP Service Centre in Queensland
- 2022-08-29 Den Berk Délice, Tomeco opt for linerless fruit labels
- 2022-08-29 "The paper industry in turmoil with steady increases"
- 2022-08-22 “We see ourselves as being well equipped with our existing range for similar measures in other European countries"
- 2022-08-19 'One of Woolworths Group's top concerns is packaging waste'
- 2022-08-19 Thai fruit farms to get 'monkey free' label
- 2022-08-18 Sustainable closure sealing and labelling of fruit and vegetable trays