- Commercial Manager UK or Holland
- Accountmanager Europe LED Cultivation
- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Key Technology introduces new Sanitary Belt Conveyor for bulk foods
Key’s versatile Sanitary Belt Conveyor comes in “dog leg,” flat, and inclined configurations that can be mounted to the floor, on casters, or suspended. Belts can be designed with a flat surface or a variety of shaped flights and/or flexible side walls to contain the product in pockets while elevating.
The USDA-approved belting is thermoformed to meet the needs of the application, providing a homogenous and seamless belt. Compared to fabric belts that can fray, delaminate, and promote bacteria buildup and plastic interlocking belts with crevices that can harbour bacteria, the smooth PDU belt resists bacterial attachment and features no seams or crevices to harbour bacteria. Compared to traditional bucket conveyors, which run on two chains that challenge sanitation, food processors can achieve the same rise in elevation with Key’s belt conveyor and improve sanitation.
The surface of the sanitary belt is uniform, making it very easy to clean. The tool-less collapsible take-up system, which releases tension from the belt, along with the fastener-free snap-in-place carry-ways, enable the sanitation crew to simply lift the belt up to power wash under it. By streamlining cleaning, the Sanitary Belt Conveyor reduces labour and downtime and minimizes water and chemical use associated with the sanitation routine.
The positive drive can further enhance sanitation when equipped with an optional motorized pulley. This eliminates shaft-mounted motors and gearboxes, which can trap product and water.
Open construction and cleaning slots in transitions provide easy access for sanitation. The head- and tail-rollers, bearings, gear box, and motor are made of stainless steel to resist bacterial growth and withstand caustic washdowns. Key can equip the conveyors with optional NEMA 4X and IP 66 rated electrical enclosures, as needed.
The versatility of this modular conveyor allows Key to accommodate virtually any required throughput from less than 2,000 lbs. (0.9 metric tons) to more than 60,000 lbs. (27 metric tons) of product per hour. It is ideal for a wide range of snacks such as potato chips and nuts as well as processed fruits and vegetables, potato strips, fresh cut produce, meat, poultry, seafood, dairy products, wine grapes, pet foods, and more.
The Sanitary Belt Conveyor complements Key’s complete line of Smart Shaker® vibratory and horizontal motion conveyors – IsoFlo®, Impulse®, and Horizon™.
For more information:
Key Technology, Inc.
Tel: +1 509 529 2161
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-27 PEF Advantage for Frozen Express in Colombia
- 2022-01-26 The new generation Tramper S-360 tray sealer
- 2022-01-26 Robots and AI to ease labor shortages in South Korean agri sector
- 2022-01-25 NSK Life-Lube® bearings improve the reliability of vegetable washing operations
- 2022-01-24 Companies look forward to returning to international trade fairs
- 2022-01-24 British research team of agricultural engineering and machinery experts develops harvesting robot with IDS camera
- 2022-01-21 Reemoon introduces a world-first smart system to South African packhouses
- 2022-01-21 IRTA develops a bioreactor that reduces the handling time of in vitro plant cultures by 80%
- 2022-01-21 John Deere debuts autonomous tractor
- 2022-01-21 Customized sorting machines for vegetables, potatoes, carrots and onions
- 2022-01-18 Machine rental option provides greater flexibility
- 2022-01-17 "Our customers appreciate the fact that new things are constantly being added to what is tried and tested"
- 2022-01-14 Robot increases efficiency of South African blueberry picking
- 2022-01-13 "Europe Retail Packing gets its 7th and 8th top seal machines"
- 2022-01-13 In 2022 courgette harvesting machines can also be rented
- 2022-01-07 "Vertical feeding system should result in many fewer stoppages"
- 2022-01-07 Robot lasers weeds from the fields without herbicide
- 2022-01-06 Eqraft coordinates new-build and doubling of Dacomex capacity
- 2022-01-05 XAG reveals new generation drones and robots for agrifuture
- 2021-12-24 Helping vegetable processors achieve food safety and product quality