- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
"Half-Year Results Indicate That Tesco Has Been "Rocked To The Core"
Tesco revealed that group like-for-like sales were down 4.4 per cent in the first half of the year, with group trading profit down a massive 41 per cent across the group, and by 55.9 per cent in the UK.
Tesco revealed that the Deloitte investigation into its profits overstatement earlier this year has now been completed, confirming that profits were overstated by £263 million, £118 million of which refers to the first half of this year. Tesco chairman Sir Richard Broadbent has also confirmed he will step down from the retailer.
“This morning’s results show how retail giant Tesco has been rocked to the core by the accounting scandal, with a string of key executives now on the suspended list and every painful twist and turn gleefully documented by both specialist and mainstream media," said David Gray, retail analyst at Planet Retail. "Not that they are wanting for material, either. Like-for-like declines in almost all markets – including the UK – are now the norm for a company that seems bereft of any solution that might arrest its vertiginous decline."
Shore Capital's Darren Shirley said that "Tesco has had quite a few years of challenge and disappointment. However, we can never recall a period so damaging to the reputation of the company as H1 FY2015. That a powerhouse of international retailing was reduced to a rudderless corporate entity where downgrade followed downgrade, executive followed executive out of the business, with no effective succession planning, capped by a material accounting issue, reflects to a detrimental extent, to our minds, upon those who are the guardians of Tesco on behalf of its owners."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-26 Metro unveiled its “sCore” growth strategy
- 2022-01-26 SpartanNash is expanding its distribution footprint to the West Coast
- 2022-01-25 Gorillas has announced that it plans to acquire Frichti
- 2022-01-25 Walmart de Mexico is considering "strategic alternatives" to its operations in Central America
- 2022-01-24 Calii has bagged $22.5mln in a Series A funding round
- 2022-01-24 X5 Retail Group: 11.4% increase in full-year sales
- 2022-01-21 Migros Group: Turnover up 2.2% in 2021
- 2022-01-21 Save A Lot has announced it completed the sale of 33 company-owned stores
- 2022-01-20 Lidl GB: 900th store
- 2022-01-20 GrubMarket has completed the acquisition of Terra Exports
- 2022-01-19 Metro is looking for a buyer for its Belgian branch
- 2022-01-19 Kroger: 2022 Food Trends Report
- 2022-01-18 Aldi UK: First checkout-free store in Greenwich
- 2022-01-18 BYD partners with Nuro
- 2022-01-17 Walmart appears to be venturing into the metaverse
- 2022-01-17 Online grocery startup Tawfeer has announced its intention to expand across Egypt
- 2022-01-14 Jerónimo Martins surpassed the €20bln sales milestone
- 2022-01-14 Trigo tests frictionless stores for Wakefern Food Corp.
- 2022-01-13 Tesco raised its profit outlook for the 2nd time in 4 months
- 2022-01-13 Kroger and Nuro: Expanded collaboration