- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Area Sales Manager Benelux
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- ‘EU citrus ban due to false codling moth not politically motivated’
- GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW GARLIC
- "We have noticed that oranges are losing ground and mandarin consumption is on the rise"
- Something sweet out of the bitterness of a citrus season gone awry
- Consumers are buying more frozen vegetables because they are a healthy cheaper option
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
MMG Citrus Innovation Award given to ‘Mandarossa’ clementine
Thomas Drahorad (NCX) and Rocco Lardaruccio (COA).
This was demonstrated yet again on 16 October, when the ‘MMG Citrus Innovation Award’ was given to the ‘Mandarossa’ clementine produced by COA srl “Calice d’oro”, the important Sicilian company specialized in citrus production.
This prize is awarded every year by the Fresca Group – a leading UK fresh fruit and vegetable giant – to specific products from its best suppliers. The ceremony took place on 16 October during the Fruit Attraction event in Madrid. A jury made up of four directors of the UK company decided to award the prize to this clementine variety, introduced with success to the British Marks & Spencer supermarket chain last year. In doing so the judges praised the extremely innovative nature of the 'Mandarossa', the result of a long selection process that led to the birth of a new product whose outstandingly attractive taste, total lack of pips and bright red pulp made it hugely popular with UK consumers.
Mandarossa is the trade name of Mandared, a hybrid between the clementine and the Tarocco blood orange, developed in Acireale in 1985. It made its debut in the UK in the first four month of 2014, when it appeared on the shelves of the Marks & Spencer retail chain. A jewel of Italian fruit-growing expertise which has quickly conquered a large following in the UK.
Pictured from left to right: Antonio Avalos (MMG Citrus), Thomas Drahorad (NCX), Rocco Lardaruccio (COA), Nigel Trood (Mack) and Rob Harvey (MMG).
"This prize brings us great pleasure. It rewards the efforts our company has made to innovate, in order to benefit our client companies and our end consumers" – comments Rocco Lardaruccio, chief executive of COA Srl “Calice d’oro”. "The prize received in Madrid is a recognition of our work ethos, our commitment and our ability to draw strength from the particular features of our home territory. Features which are strongly appreciated in Northern European countries in particular, where top sector specialists recognize and reward the quality of the produce created by Sicilian skill and efficiency", he concludes.
For more information:
COA Srl ‘Calice d’oro’
Tel: +39 059 786320
Fax: +39 059 7863889
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-27 Italian-Spanish alliance in the preserved and processed fruit sector
- 2022-09-27 Garden Fresh has opened Rwanda’s first privately owned fresh produce packhouse
- 2022-09-27 Eden granted US EPA regulatory approval
- 2022-09-27 Reser’s opens new state-of-the-art facility in Pasco
- 2022-09-27 Seed-X sells its GeNeeTM technology to organic seed producer
- 2022-09-27 Costa Group CEO Sean Hallahan departs Australia fruit grower
- 2022-09-27 Injunction could delay IFG's sale to Spanish conglomerate
- 2022-09-27 Marquee Global Investors Inject Rs3.1 bln in Indian Agri-business
- 2022-09-26 The multinational Atlántica Agrícola announces the launch of Grupo Atlántica, The Natural Company
- 2022-09-26 A.P. Moller - Maersk expands its warehousing footprint in India
- 2022-09-26 Two Belgian cooperatives moving closer toward integration
- 2022-09-26 Halles Mandar warehouse at Rungis fresh produce market burns down
- 2022-09-26 "With 10 delivery vehicles, we are servicing up to 200 customers in all areas daily"
- 2022-09-23 CPMA hosts 2022 semi-annual board of directors meetings
- 2022-09-23 Nanobubble technology helps leach salts on nut crops by improving water infiltration
- 2022-09-23 Greenyard closes refinancing with banking group
- 2022-09-23 Hortifrut: the deterioration in plantations in Chile in the last 12 months amounts to nearly 55 million dollars
- 2022-09-23 The Association of Ethical Trade Forums (AFCE) is established
- 2022-09-23 FruitMasters to cease auction sales on January 1, 2023
- 2022-09-23 "We are fortunate that a succession has already been secured for a significant portion of our companies"