- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
The Dutoit Group launches new cherry brand
“We have obtained the exclusive rights for the growing and marketing of a series of cultivars from the Zaiger Group from California in the United States,’’ says Pieter du Toit, Managing Director at the Dutoit Group.
Traditional cherry varieties in South Africa had very high chilling requirements. This meant that they could only be planted in specially selected climatic regions. The new varieties can be planted in milder regions, which have opened the door for the Dutoit Group to dramatically increase their cherry production and marketing.
The short Cherry Time season coincides with the South African summer and traditional holiday months. The brand will focus on the health benefits cherries provide, making Cherry Time the perfect snack to share. Central to the brand is the belief that the same effort and care that goes into the production and marketing of Cherry Time must be invested in the Cherry Time farm workers. A portion of the Cherry Time income will be ploughed back directly into projects aimed at supporting the farm workers’ children.
Asked about his dream for Cherry Time, Du Toit said: “Our vision for Cherry Time is that every customer will enjoy the wonderful experience of taking a bite into a freshly picked cherry, knowing that it was brought to them straight from the tree with great care and in a socially responsible way.”
For more information:
Nica du Toit
DUTOIT GROUP (Pty) Ltd
Mobile: +27(0) 74 217 1831
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-26 Chilean fresh plum market to the U.S. reopens under systems approach
- 2022-01-26 Hazera Spain developed two new mini seedless watermelons
- 2022-01-26 Rockit launches themed gift boxes for Chinese New Year
- 2022-01-26 Blueberries have developed very well in the dunes of Pisco
- 2022-01-26 Peruvian blueberry exports up 30% in volume so far
- 2022-01-26 South African plum campaign targets UK consumers
- 2022-01-26 "Production volume and price of Hami melons both go up as Chinese Spring Festival approaches"
- 2022-01-26 "Metis® is already a recognized premium alternative to traditional plums"
- 2022-01-26 "We've begun other Central American melon seasons with more stock"
- 2022-01-26 Weather still troubles grape growers in Nashik and Sangli districts
- 2022-01-26 France: Apple stocks increasing and pear stocks cut in half
- 2022-01-25 "The growth of the blueberry industry in Northland was eventually going to be stifled by a lack of post-harvest providers"
- 2022-01-25 Turning to charter vessels to move Chilean blueberries
- 2022-01-25 Cherry breeding in Africa provides opportunities to meet growing demand
- 2022-01-25 Berry grower introduces hydroponic tabletop strawberry line
- 2022-01-25 Could Eastern apple growers see opportunity in 2022?
- 2022-01-25 Campaign asks people to ‘Pick Nelson Tasman’ again
- 2022-01-25 APHIS revises requirements for fresh plum fruit from Chile into the United States
- 2022-01-25 "We have shipped about 9% less fruit compared to last year"
- 2022-01-25 Rare trollinger grapes found on Central Otago vineyard