- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Germicopa joins the Florimond Desprez Group
Germicopa, whose head office is located in Quimper (Finistère), employs 65 people and generates annual sales of EUR 38 million. Each year the company produces 80,000 tons of seeds, on a contractual basis with 170 farmers, from its production units in Brittany and Nord‐Pas de Calais.
The Châteauneuf‐du‐Faou research centre (Finistère) enables Germicopa to offer an extensive range of 50 varieties for all relevant market segments: eating potatoes (early, main crop, storing), processed foods (chips, crisps, purée), industry (starch), garden, export. Half of its production is exported to 55 countries.
Germicopa has developed a "varietal" marketing approach designed to meet new requirements of firm flesh potato consumers, notably with the Charlotte variety and more recently Princesse Amandine®.
For Eric Bargy, Germicopa's CEO, "the disposal of 100% of Germicopa operations to Florimond Desprez enables our business to prosper supported by a strong company, for assured stability and sustainability."
François Desprez, Chairman and CEO of Florimond Desprez, sees the "acquisition of Germicopa as a real opportunity for diversification. The Florimond Desprez Group will give Germicopa access to more extensive research tools, as well as entry to its network of subsidiaries enabling it to consolidate its international development in an expanding market."
Please send an email to email@example.com for more information.
From Wednesday 5th until Friday 7th of November 2014, GERMICOPA will be happy to show you its own display of varieties during the week of the Potato Days in the Netherlands.
Please visit Germicopa at the following address:
ATF POTATO BV
8530 AB Lemmer
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-24 'Domestic goods continued to dominate the market'
- 2022-01-24 'It has been a mixed bag of weather, this Spring and Summer'
- 2022-01-24 "Dutch onion market is transitioning"
- 2022-01-24 Spain: South Tenerife potato growers crave more rain
- 2022-01-24 Kenya: Nyandarua county officials strike potato supply deal with KFC
- 2022-01-24 Defra urged to respect levy vote result
- 2022-01-24 Japanese French fry war escalates
- 2022-01-21 Sustainable intensification yields multiple benefits in China
- 2022-01-21 ‘Potato Crisis’ symbolizes Algeria's struggling economy
- 2022-01-20 'Demand for yellow and red onions is good'
- 2022-01-20 Sinaloa's potato harvest started and producers expect to harvest 380,000 tons
- 2022-01-20 "Sweet potato demand bound to rise"
- 2022-01-20 Renewed demand for processing sector as restaurant restrictions might change
- 2022-01-20 ‘Industry must lead seed potato sector growth’
- 2022-01-20 "Good start to the new year at the potato market"
- 2022-01-20 Onion prices up in Russia
- 2022-01-20 Potato price changes in Eastern Europe and Central Asia
- 2022-01-19 Canada: Québec Parmentier acquires large-scale seed potato producer
- 2022-01-19 Truck accessibility pressures moving already limited potato crops
- 2022-01-19 “A couple of times our containers were sent to the wrong countries”