- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Area Sales Manager Benelux
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- ‘EU citrus ban due to false codling moth not politically motivated’
- GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW GARLIC
- "We have noticed that oranges are losing ground and mandarin consumption is on the rise"
- Something sweet out of the bitterness of a citrus season gone awry
- Consumers are buying more frozen vegetables because they are a healthy cheaper option
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
2014 Tour de Fresh
California Giant Berry Farms joins leading brands in sponsoring inaugural event
This collaborative effort will bring together 40 fresh produce industry members that will cycle 275 miles between Carmel, CA and Anaheim, CA over the four days leading up to the PMA Fresh Summit Convention. California Giant Berry Farms is participating as a Gold Sponsor, with Anthony Gallino, VP of Sales as a rider in the event, providing mechanic and nutrition support throughout the ride and will host a dinner for the group at their cooling facility in Santa Maria on October 13, 2014. That dinner will be following the first and most difficult day of the ride after the entire group treks down Highway One through Big Sur stretching about 95 miles.
“We are so excited to be part of this event with our friends in the produce industry making this commitment together for the salad bar campaign. It really shows how important this campaign is to all of us and that we can accomplish great things by working together” says Anthony Gallino.
To date, the riders and sponsors have raised about $100,000 towards the goal and there are many riders within the group that have exceeded their goal of $2,825 to fund a salad bar. “We are finishing on Thursday in Anaheim next to the Convention Center and hope those in town for the PMA will be there to welcome the riders to the finish of the 275 mile adventure”, adds Cindy Jewell, VP of Marketing for California Giant.
For those interested in supporting one or more riders, or participating in the finish line ceremony, please visit www.tourdefresh.com.
For more information:
California Giant Berry Farms
Tel. +1 (831) 728-1965 x258
Fax. +1 (831) 728-0613
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-27 Italian-Spanish alliance in the preserved and processed fruit sector
- 2022-09-27 Garden Fresh has opened Rwanda’s first privately owned fresh produce packhouse
- 2022-09-27 Eden granted US EPA regulatory approval
- 2022-09-27 Reser’s opens new state-of-the-art facility in Pasco
- 2022-09-27 Seed-X sells its GeNeeTM technology to organic seed producer
- 2022-09-27 Costa Group CEO Sean Hallahan departs Australia fruit grower
- 2022-09-27 Injunction could delay IFG's sale to Spanish conglomerate
- 2022-09-27 Marquee Global Investors Inject Rs3.1 bln in Indian Agri-business
- 2022-09-26 The multinational Atlántica Agrícola announces the launch of Grupo Atlántica, The Natural Company
- 2022-09-26 A.P. Moller - Maersk expands its warehousing footprint in India
- 2022-09-26 Two Belgian cooperatives moving closer toward integration
- 2022-09-26 Halles Mandar warehouse at Rungis fresh produce market burns down
- 2022-09-26 "With 10 delivery vehicles, we are servicing up to 200 customers in all areas daily"
- 2022-09-23 CPMA hosts 2022 semi-annual board of directors meetings
- 2022-09-23 Nanobubble technology helps leach salts on nut crops by improving water infiltration
- 2022-09-23 Greenyard closes refinancing with banking group
- 2022-09-23 Hortifrut: the deterioration in plantations in Chile in the last 12 months amounts to nearly 55 million dollars
- 2022-09-23 The Association of Ethical Trade Forums (AFCE) is established
- 2022-09-23 FruitMasters to cease auction sales on January 1, 2023
- 2022-09-23 "We are fortunate that a succession has already been secured for a significant portion of our companies"