- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Area Sales Manager Benelux
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- ‘EU citrus ban due to false codling moth not politically motivated’
- GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW GARLIC
- "We have noticed that oranges are losing ground and mandarin consumption is on the rise"
- Something sweet out of the bitterness of a citrus season gone awry
- Consumers are buying more frozen vegetables because they are a healthy cheaper option
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
UK: Award success for Freshtime’s food products
The SPAR retail chain won a national prize at last week’s Wholesale Quality Food and Drink Awards in London for its Sweet Chilli Noodles, which are made by Freshtime.
The product came out on top in the Delicatessen category of the Wholesale Quality Food Local Shop Award 2014 which took place at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London on 25th September.
The independent panel of judges complimented SPAR on the excellent product quality, value for money and impressive packaging design.
Not content with one award, Freshtime is hoping to ‘take away’ another after one of its food-to-go products was shortlisted for a prestigious Quality Food Award.
The Co-operative’s Hot Smoked Salmon Salad, which is made by Freshtime at its base in Boston, has been shortlisted in the Food To Go category of The Quality Food Awards 2014 which will be announced in London on Thursday 13th November.
Freshtime’s product will be competing against Asda’s Spiced Chicken & Mango Salad,
Tesco Finest Black Pudding Scotch Eggs and Tesco Finest Salmon and Egg.
“It’s a great boost to everyone at Freshtime when our products are recognised in this way,” said Mark Newton, Managing Director of Freshtime UK.
“We take great pride in the quality of our products, the provenance of the ingredients and our innovative recipes, so to win one national award and be nominated for another is a pat on the back for everyone in the company.”
To view the two award shortlists visit:
For more information, please visit: www.freshtime.co.uk
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-27 Italian-Spanish alliance in the preserved and processed fruit sector
- 2022-09-27 Garden Fresh has opened Rwanda’s first privately owned fresh produce packhouse
- 2022-09-27 Eden granted US EPA regulatory approval
- 2022-09-27 Reser’s opens new state-of-the-art facility in Pasco
- 2022-09-27 Seed-X sells its GeNeeTM technology to organic seed producer
- 2022-09-27 Costa Group CEO Sean Hallahan departs Australia fruit grower
- 2022-09-27 Injunction could delay IFG's sale to Spanish conglomerate
- 2022-09-27 Marquee Global Investors Inject Rs3.1 bln in Indian Agri-business
- 2022-09-26 The multinational Atlántica Agrícola announces the launch of Grupo Atlántica, The Natural Company
- 2022-09-26 A.P. Moller - Maersk expands its warehousing footprint in India
- 2022-09-26 Two Belgian cooperatives moving closer toward integration
- 2022-09-26 Halles Mandar warehouse at Rungis fresh produce market burns down
- 2022-09-26 "With 10 delivery vehicles, we are servicing up to 200 customers in all areas daily"
- 2022-09-23 CPMA hosts 2022 semi-annual board of directors meetings
- 2022-09-23 Nanobubble technology helps leach salts on nut crops by improving water infiltration
- 2022-09-23 Greenyard closes refinancing with banking group
- 2022-09-23 Hortifrut: the deterioration in plantations in Chile in the last 12 months amounts to nearly 55 million dollars
- 2022-09-23 The Association of Ethical Trade Forums (AFCE) is established
- 2022-09-23 FruitMasters to cease auction sales on January 1, 2023
- 2022-09-23 "We are fortunate that a succession has already been secured for a significant portion of our companies"