- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Prices in Turkey are changing drastically from day to day"
- ALDI shopper encounters unwelcome guest in her broccoli
- Vertical Future raises £21 million to stabilize production in the UK
- Pricing strong--and possibly strengthening--on onions
- “There’s a high demand from China for Egyptian oranges, especially for Valencia”
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Disney-branded produce takes centre stage in southern California Albertsons
Customers entering Albertsons produce departments for three weeks this past July and August were welcomed with extravagant displays of Scattaglia Growers & Shippers’ Disney-themed plums, nectarines and peaches. Participating Albertsons stores also hosted kids and family events during the first two weekends to encourage healthier eating. Stores were filled with balloons, face painting, stickers and tattoos, and Disney fun for all ages. Not only did customers enjoy the fun and excitement, but Albertsons employees did too.
“We really enjoy bringing this program to our stores each year," said Sheryl Salazar, assistant produce sales manager for Albertsons. "Not only do our customers enjoy seeing the displays and participating in the events, but our associates always impress with the creative ways they highlight the wide selection of stonefruit.”
Stores were judged based on quality & freshness, presentation of fruit, use of point-of-sale components, and in-store excitement and creativity. The positive sales increase on soft fruit was outstanding and five first place stores received $500 in American Express gift cards. Five second place stores received $250 in American Express gift cards, and ten third place stores $100 in Albertsons gift cards. Several stores also received honourable mention.
For more information:
Golden Sun Marketing
Tel: +1 612.545.5041
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-18 Lebanese agriculture faces heavy losses due to Saudi export ban
- 2022-01-18 Growing Media Ireland angry over government response to horticultural sector crisis
- 2022-01-18 US grocery shortages deepening as pandemic drags on
- 2022-01-18 ‘NZ horticulture will hit $7 billion mark in 2023’
- 2022-01-18 Tonga: Export crops that survived the tsunami could be done in by volcanic ash
- 2022-01-18 Nicaragua joins China’s Belt And Road Initiative
- 2022-01-18 Potential impact of excessive rain on food prices uncertain in South Africa
- 2022-01-18 Community fruit and vegetable exports to third countries decreased
- 2022-01-18 Namibia: Sufficient domestic production justifies continued crop import ban
- 2022-01-18 Record price increase, fertilizer shortage, declining yields and labor shortage
- 2022-01-18 Hungary: Farmgate prices went up 27% in November
- 2022-01-17 'Jordan reached agreement with Lebanon on exchanging agro exports without previous licensing'
- 2022-01-17 Omicron reignites Australian supply chain debate
- 2022-01-17 US: Empty shelves are back
- 2022-01-17 Fresh food markets are avoiding Australia’s supply chain crisis
- 2022-01-17 Growers worried with harvest nearing while labor shortage is still ongoing
- 2022-01-17 Kenyan grower groups claim they will block ban on pesticides
- 2022-01-17 "Turkish trade gives us a vital edge"
- 2022-01-17 'This week, berries, avocados, cucumbers, bell peppers and zucchini dominated ad space'
- 2022-01-17 US port backlogs are at an all-time high