- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Area Sales Manager Benelux
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- ‘EU citrus ban due to false codling moth not politically motivated’
- GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW GARLIC
- "We have noticed that oranges are losing ground and mandarin consumption is on the rise"
- Something sweet out of the bitterness of a citrus season gone awry
- Consumers are buying more frozen vegetables because they are a healthy cheaper option
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
Turkish and Middle-Eastern market
HSG- Istanbul introduces new fresh & healthy apple snacks ‘APPY’
Istanbul-based company HSG has opened a fully automatic apple processing and packaging line to introduce and feed the demand for fresh & healthy apple snacks, under the brand name ‘APPY’.
HSG is aiming to market the brand in supermarket fresh cut sections, bakery and confectionery shops, retail food outlets and petrol pump stations, as well as private label marketing upon client request. HSG has well establish relationships with all these fresh cut marketing partners.
The Turkish and German team during apple processing line inauguration event in Istanbul
HSG Group is a joint venture company establishment by CEO Haluk Okutur between Simit Sarayi and a young team of Turkish entrepreneurs. Though this joint venture, HSG will be able to promote ‘APPY’ fresh cut apple bags through Simit’s existing franchise shops in Turkey, Middle-East and Europe.
The fresh cut apple bags are available in 100 gram, 250 gram and 500 gram sizes in flexible packaging. Simit has easy excess to offer ‘APPY’ bags to 500.000 retail customers every day who already buy fresh prepared & packaged food items at Simit shops.
HSG was able to implement the automatic apple processing line project thanks to the guidance and know-how of leading companies from Turkey (HIPOMAK), Italian (PND) and Germany (FOOD freshly).
A particular issue was to remove listeria and other common germs and bacteria from apple surfaces. After several listeria recalls of apple snacks throughout the last year in North America, HSG used FOOD freshly’s 3-PPP concept based on Process Water Analysis Method PWAM© for their local processing plant. The main concern was to prevent future cases of listeria.
The 3- PPP concept is flexible and, in the case of HSG, has been adapted to meet its requirements, specifically for processed products.
Utilising a combination of freshness retainer and FCA sanitizer, the desired shelf life of 7, 10 and 14 days, (and especially for apple snacks 21 days) is not just achieved optically, but also from a microbiological point of view. The process water, and the final packaged products are completely free of E- coli, Staphylococcus, Pseudomonas, Salmonella and Listeria.
Further, HSG is also using FOOD freshly’s newly developed dosing and measuring system, which ensures a constant required concentration of the freshness retainer in the process water. An overdosing or under dosing of the freshness retainer will be fully avoided through this application.
For both products, the special freshness retainer formulation (FRF) and fruit cleaner antiox (FCA) have been throughly tested at Istanbul university. Both products are also registered with the Turkish FDA and customs authority.
A co-operation agreement has been signed between HSG and FOOD freshly to establish a long-term and strong partnership, which will ensure that HSG has instant access to FOOD freshly’s entire patented knowledge PWAM©, as well as a new freshness retainer formulation and other services.
Looking ahead, HSG is also planning to launch deep frozen apples and dry apple chips parallel to a number of fresh cut convenience items, including baby carrots.
Through cooperation, both partners are creating a synergy effect to develop positive and successful future business. “This is win-win situation for both partners,” added Simit CEO Haluk Okutur and CEO Sukhdev Singh in the inauguration event in Istanbul.
For more information:
FOOD Freshly AFC GmbH
Tel: +49 5206 9152 50
Fax: +49 5206 9152 92
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-02-16 Italy: La Linea Verde focuses on service content
- 2017-02-01 Edible solution doubles shelf life of fresh produce
- 2016-10-28 Stationary fresh-cut vegetable sales
- 2016-10-27 Half of the fresh-cut fruit is in plastic punnets
- 2016-10-25 Crazy marketing strategies led to lower margins
- 2016-10-19 Competition from burgers, soups and advanced vegetable products
- 2016-10-14 Past five years positive for fresh-cut salad
- 2016-10-13 Bonduelle launches Filiera Garantita ® project
- 2016-09-29 Agribologna: Fresh-cut fruit is growing, especially in retail shops
- 2016-09-20 Brexit forces UK company to look further afield
- 2016-09-19 La Linea Verde introduces fresh-cut superfood
- 2016-07-18 Edible coating made from prickly pears applied to fresh-cut kiwis
- 2016-06-06 8th European short-course on quality & safety of fresh-cut produce
- 2016-04-14 "I have always been close to the family business"
- 2016-02-01 400 kg fresh produce per hour in air drying tunnel
- 2015-11-27 Clean and high quality baby leafy vegetables
- 2015-11-26 Gas plasma as alternative to chlorine for washing water sanitation
- 2015-11-26 Customers choose own fresh cut fruit and veg portions
- 2015-11-05 UV SDS reduces decontamination, improves shelf life
- 2015-10-21 Chlorine demand in fresh-cut vegetable washing water