- Looking for an opportunity in India
- Procurement & Sales Manager, Potato Division - Lobinstown, Co. Meath, Ireland
- European regional agent and new sales manager
- Head Grower - Owatonna (Minnesota) USA
- Teeltspecialist (Proeftuin & Veredeling) - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, Netherlands
- Farm Manager - Riana, Tasmania, Australia
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Farm manager / Senior grower seeking for his next role
Top 5 -yesterday
- "It will no longer be necessary to import blueberries from outside Europe"
- The berry market takes a hit during the coronavirus pandemic
- “I feel imported fruits are not a necessity for the Indian consumers”
- “It is too early to determine how shopping patterns will unfold”
- Onion market: “We’re in unforeseen territory”
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
New World’s Biggest Onion is an eye-watering sight
Tony Glover’s mega-onion is an eye-watering 18lb 11oz and has catapulted him into the Guinness Book of World Records, outdoing the previous record-holder by 10lbs.
And while a bag of onions from the local supermarket costs less than a pound, champion gardener Mr Glover, from Moira in Leicestershire, believes it’s well worth the extra effort.
‘I give them a nitrogen-rich food and have to make sure the humidity is just right,’ said the 49-year-old.
‘I’ve also got grow lights fitted to [the greenhouse] inside to simulate the sun when the days get shorter or when the weather isn’t very good.’
Mr Glover says it took him nearly a year to grow the super-vegetable but he loves what he does.
‘I’ve been growing vegetables since I was about 16,’ he revealed.
‘Back then, if you could grow a 5lb onion you had done very well so I’m very happy with this one.’
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2015-09-30 Nicaragua imports onions to stabilize prices
- 2015-09-22 All onion eyes on Victoria in October
- 2015-09-21 Egypt: Onion exports 19% up in first five months of 2015
- 2015-09-17 New season Queensland onions on shelves by October
- 2015-09-15 The onion market is like the AEX, with the right mood, it goes well
- 2015-09-15 Onion prices in the EU significantly higher than last year
- 2015-09-14 High export demand contributes to strong onion market
- 2015-09-10 California onion season winds down, Northwest ramps up
- 2015-09-09 "Onion sector to take technological turn over next few years"
- 2015-09-01 Health promoting compounds in local onions from Italy and Ukraine
- 2014-09-30 Panama could restrict imports of onions at harvest time
- 2014-09-30 Argentina: The area planted with garlic in Mendoza increased by 28%
- 2014-09-29 Gordon Ramsay uses massive Leicestershire onion to create an eye-watering dish
- 2014-09-25 Out with the old and in with the new season, fresh & mild Queensland onions
- 2014-09-22 New World’s Biggest Onion is an eye-watering sight
- 2014-09-19 Which way is the onion market going?
- 2014-09-18 Italy: Short day onions - good perspectives for the ongoing campaign
- 2014-09-16 Spain: Onion prices at origin drop as low as 5 cents per kilo
- 2014-09-15 Spain: Oversupply drives onion prices down 25%
- 2014-09-10 Tabaski festival will provide the necessary orders for onions