- Tomato Breeder (H/F)
- Junior / Senior Export Manager
- Assistant Cultivation Manager - Capitol Heights (MD) USA
- Greenhouse Investment Analyst - Portland (OR) USA
- Market Manager - Horticulture, USA
- Procurement and Marketing Manager - Kenya
- Head Grower - Bahrain
- Quality Assurance Manager - (Victoria, NSW or Tasmania) Australia
- (Assistant) Manager
- Senior Commodities Trader | Pulses | Ukraine
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Public-private partnership (PPP) program:
Philippine Ports Authority plans to privatize 3 ports in Mindanao
Juan Sta. Ana, PPA general manager, said among the Mindanao ports that would privatized through the PPP route is that in Davao.
The Davao Port has a capacity of 700,000 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs), but PPA forecast volumes to increase to 1.2 million TEUs in the next 5 years.
The Davao Integrated Port Stevedoring Service Corp, a unit of International Container Terminal Services Inc (ICTSI), is the lone cargo handler at Davao Port.
The Davao Sasa Wharf is the country’s major port for bananas, one of its biggest exports products. According to the PPP Center, the P17.46 billion development of the Davao Sasa Port into an international-standard container terminal is set for approval by the Investment Coordinating Committee of the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA-ICC).
"After Davao, PPA is looking at Cagayan de Oro and Zamboanga as the next ports up for privatization," Sta. Ana said.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2014-07-31 Extend shipping distances for perishables
- 2014-07-30 Port of Antwerp handled up to 98,229,046 tonnes in H1 2014
- 2014-07-30 Philippine Ports Authority plans to privatize 3 ports in Mindanao
- 2014-07-30 Maersk unveils low-sulphur surcharge, but customers of other carriers must wait
- 2014-07-29 Qatar Air aims to be among top five cargo operators
- 2014-07-29 "Limited availability of reefers will lead to greater shortage of equipment"
- 2014-07-28 Chile's CCNI and Hamburg Sud ink preliminary merger deal
- 2014-07-28 New route for South American citrus, grapes and blueberries to the U.S.
- 2014-07-28 Israel: “Beauty of vegetables” opens new logistics centre
- 2014-07-25 CEO at Easyfresh and expert in global reefer logistics
- 2014-07-24 Ability to scan cargo on moving trains with no loss of security
- 2014-07-23 Peru: Ecuador's restrictions affect exporters
- 2014-07-22 Tilbury wins CMA CGM North Europe-Med service to meet demand
- 2014-07-22 New freight train from China through 5 countries in Central Asia
- 2014-07-21 Triple-E ships boost Maersk’s Asia–North Europe capacity by 15%
- 2014-07-21 Oman International Container Terminal enhances capabilities at Sohar Port
- 2014-07-21 Affordable cold chain solutions to protect valuable assets
- 2014-07-18 Maersk Line: Additional ECA surcharge will be $50 to $150 per FEU
- 2014-07-17 Building a fresh-produce gateway through South Florida ports
- 2014-07-16 ‘Erratic’ rate increase attempts not understood, taken seriously by shippers