- Product Manager - United States
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager
- Aweta Sales Director Italy and Spain
- Junior Account Manager - Central Europe
- Post-Harvest Quality Manager - Avocado
- Senior Technical Lead - Beamsville (ON) Canada
- General Manager - Buswa, Uganda
- Head Grower - Jordan (ON) Canada
- KAM DE/AT/IT/BE/NL - Valencia, Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
China: Xinjiang hit hard by blizzard causing 81 millions of yuan in damages
The Bureau of Civil Affairs in Hami City reported on the 3rd of April, that severe dust storms in the city had affected the counties of Taojiagong and Daquanwan displacing around 22 people and damaging 121 vegetable greenhouses, amounting to a total of 666,004 yuan in damages. Fortunately no casualties were reported. Disaster relief work is underway.
On the 7th of April, Tacheng and Aletai Region Bureau of Civil Affairs reported that a sudden drop in temperature and heavy snowfall had affected 6 counties including Yumin, Emin, Tuoli, Fuhai, Buerjin, Jimunai, and the city of Tacheng. A total of 315 hectares of crops, 200 hectares of arable land, and 13.33 hectares of grassland were all destroyed. The damages amounted to a walloping 78,402,350 yuan in destruction. Fortunately again, no casualties were reported.
And from the 11th to the 13th of April, the state of Yili experienced freezing temperatures and snowfall as reported by the Xinjiang Civil Affairs Department causing 128 deaths, damaging more than 500 acres of crops, and amounting to a total of more than 460,000 yuan in damages.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-09-21 China: New-season pepper production has decreased in Jinxiang, further boosting prices
- 2021-09-21 Sweet Corn Day to be celebrated in Kashmir
- 2021-09-21 "Kale sales already well underway, Brussels sprouts demand a little quieter"
- 2021-09-21 Malaysia: Vegetable prices soar due to wet season
- 2021-09-21 China: During the Mid-Autumn Festival and National Day, the overall vegetable prices are stable and the supply is sufficient
- 2021-09-21 “Large volumes of artichokes currently on the market”
- 2021-09-17 "We will be the sole supplier of the white ‘ghost’ pumpkin"
- 2021-09-17 Vertically cultivated mushrooms are blossoming in Brussels’ cellars
- 2021-09-17 French beet production could increase by up to 26% this season while potato production falls
- 2021-09-17 Launch of campaign "If you love me, give me pumpkins" to promote pumpkin consumption
- 2021-09-17 How are this summer's vegetable auction prices in Belgium?
- 2021-09-16 "New pepper practices, technologies could lead to lower production costs, higher demand"
- 2021-09-16 Nepal: Vegetable production down in Karnali
- 2021-09-16 Georgia imports record volume of tomatoes from Turkey
- 2021-09-16 Italian vegetable prices drop after peaking around 10 days ago
- 2021-09-15 Duelle: "The tomato that seduces both consumers and producers"
- 2021-09-15 Massachusetts farmers still feel aftermath of Hurricane Ida
- 2021-09-15 Ready to eat “to go” line of tomatoes debuts
- 2021-09-15 Kurdistan Region bans tomato imports after local protests
- 2021-09-15 Shipping price increased tenfold