- Head Grower (Vine Crops) US / Canada
- Grower/Manager - Cuernavaca, Mexico
- Junior/Senior Agronomist for Italy and abroad
- Cacao Research Collection Manager - UC Davis campus
- Commercial Manager - Europe
- Sale Manager - remote position located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- State Specialist/Extension Professor of Plant Pathology - Durham (NH) USA
- Grower - Snowflake, Arizona
- Sales Director
- Master Hydroponics Grower - Bethesda (MD) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Civil unrest brings Durban harbour and cold stores to a standstill
- South Africa: Citrus farms pull the brake on harvesting & packing as anarchy continues
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW AVOCADOS
- California drought causing multi-layered effects
- Corrugated box makers in trouble as Himachal government switches to plastic trays
Top 5 -last month
Organic Alexander Lucas pears coming to market in April
The Alexander Lucas, known as Alex Lucas among friends, is a venerable variety which originated in the famed European monastic orchards along the Loire river. It was first described as a distinct variety in the mid 1800's. Today they are grown in the fertile Rio Negro river valley of Argentina, another region famed for its orchards.
"The Alexander Lucas is a superior pear that deserves more attention in the market," said Paul McCaffrey, Sales Representative for Viva Tierra Organic. "They are great to round out a spring pear display at retail with their distinctive appearance, something special to add variety to the standard d'Anjou and Bosc offerings."
The Alexander Lucas is a top quality fresh eating pear. The white flesh is dense, juicy, and buttery-smooth. It is sweet with a wonderfully complex yet delicate flavour and a lovely aroma. The pears are green and distinctly short and rounded, with long sturdy stems.
Addie Pobst, Viva Tierra Organic's Import Coordinator, was blunt. "Alex Lucas is hands down my favourite pear. It simply can't be beat for flavour or texture."
The Alexander Lucas pears will be packed in 10 kg "Viva Tierra Organic" boxes. The volume is limited, with fewer than 45 pallets expected for the season. They will be arriving in the US the last week of April, and will be exclusively available from Viva Tierra Organic.
The Produce Mom, official blog and consumer brand of the Indianapolis Fruit Company, managed by marketing manager Lori Taylor, recently announced the addition of Viva Tierra Organic to her family of trusted produce partners.
"We're thrilled to partner with The Produce Mom. We really admire the work Lori has done to reach out to consumers to promote fresh produce choices and healthy eating, especially for moms and kids,” said Addie Pobst, Organic Integrity & Logistics Coordinator for Viva Tierra.
Viva Tierra and The Produce Mom will work together to provide consumers with resources about how to select, store and serve fresh produce.
For more information:
Tel: +1 360-855-3195
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-07-23 Organic agriculture in the EAEU still developing further
- 2021-07-22 Organic berries displace packaged salads in top slot for organic dollars
- 2021-07-21 Calls for mandatory certification logos on all organic products to build consumer trust
- 2021-07-21 “Prices should go up again”
- 2021-07-21 Albertson’s Co-Chairman Jim Donald headlines keynote presentations
- 2021-07-20 Organic crops might ease rural poverty in Ivory Coast
- 2021-07-16 Santa Elena could become Ecuador's first organic producing province
- 2021-07-15 Canadian farmers are growing more certified organic vegetables
- 2021-07-15 New Jersey is truly the ‘Garden State’
- 2021-07-13 Tanzania Organic Agriculture Movement to advance organic farming
- 2021-07-08 Australia is potentially great market for Vietnamese organic agri products
- 2021-07-05 Zimbabwe sees growing appetite for organic produce
- 2021-07-02 Organically grown plant foods tested for pesticide residues and specific contaminants
- 2021-07-01 Organic Trade Association fraud fighting program draws robust interest
- 2021-06-30 Opportunities for the Polish organic market
- 2021-06-30 Abundant sweet cherry crop in Himachal Pradesh
- 2021-06-29 “We are looking to supply more export markets with our organic produce.”
- 2021-06-24 Organic market in Poland will benefit from new EU Green Deal strategy
- 2021-06-21 Significant increase in organic farms and organically farmed land in the last decade
- 2021-06-16 The EU consumes more and more organic products but imports fewer volumes