- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- Freight rates will drop by 20-30% in the second half of the year
- T&G takes big step towards low carbon future with Sustainability-Linked Loan
- 2022 NZ kiwifruit harvest complete
- Maersk: No abatement in surging costs of shipping goods
- Australian almond harvest in danger as varroa mite is detected at Newcastle port
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
- San Miguel sells fresh fruit operations in Peru and South Africa to Citri&Co
Israeli citrus production will reach 551 thousand metric tonnes
Post estimates that in MY 2013/14 Israel will export roughly 175 TMT of its harvest. It is anticipated that Israel will likely process again some 200 TMT, or 36 percent of the crop. The balance of 176 TMT will be consumed as fresh citrus fruit in the local market.
Due to unfavourable weather conditions in MY 2012/2013, citrus production totalled 516 TMT, a 12 percent decrease compared to the previous MY. About 167 TMT (31 percent) was exported. In addition, 175 TMT was processed, and the balance of 175 TMT was consumed fresh, in the local market.
The “Star Ruby” (grapefruit) and “Or/Orri” mandarin varieties alone account for 36 and 29 percent of total citrus exports, respectively. Oranges (mainly the Shamouti variety) on the other hand, continue to see their export market share significantly drop.
Russia and Ukraine have increased their market share in terms of Israeli citrus exports in recent years, buying now about 25 percent of the total of Israeli citrus exports.
About two-thirds of citrus deliveries to domestic processors in recent years have been grapefruit. Orange deliveries for processing have continued the decline noted in recent years.
Citrus planted area totalled 19,200 hectares in 2013. Out of the total planted citrus area, 5,000 hectares are the Or/Orri mandarin variety.
Click here for the full report
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-28 Revised estimates for fresh lemon production up by 15 percent
- 2022-06-28 Early mandarins picked and listed, and the market has a good start
- 2022-06-27 The transporters' strike in Argentina could cause millions of losses in Tucuman and Corrientes' lemon harvest
- 2022-06-27 "Political pressure trumps scientific facts in new EU rule on cold treatment of South African oranges"
- 2022-06-27 South African citrus: "The Russian market turned out to be actually very good"
- 2022-06-27 South Africa set for record citrus exports of 2.7 million tons in MY2021/22
- 2022-06-24 Differing expectations of start date of new cold treatment for Southern African oranges
- 2022-06-24 Zimbabwe: Citrus exports to EU up 30%
- 2022-06-24 Turkish citrus production up, profit margins down
- 2022-06-23 CRDF recommends lowering Box Tax Rate
- 2022-06-23 Citrus season in full swing at Star South Fruits
- 2022-06-23 The 2021/22 Spanish lemon season ends with a "positive balance"
- 2022-06-23 Western Australian mandarin quality remains high as peak of the season approaches
- 2022-06-23 Rural Rising is organizing a 'rescue buy' of Benguet lemons
- 2022-06-23 Turkey’s tangerine exports at half billion dollars
- 2022-06-23 Brazilian orange crop for MY2021/22 forecast at 414.4 million boxes
- 2022-06-22 Florida Citrus Commission changes enacted
- 2022-06-22 Peruvian lemon exports increase and achieve one of the highest prices in the last five years
- 2022-06-22 California: Navel orange season sees great prices
- 2022-06-21 Cheetah Pack opens its new packhouse in Addo to all citrus growers