- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
Top 5 -yesterday
- Danish robots make up for labour shortages on farms across Europe and further afield
- Australian-first Reemoon Fruscan 7 blemish grading technology already achieving improved quality
- Supermarket shortages could worsen as Australian growers brace for rain
- Ecuador: Non-oil export losses amount to $85 million in 16 days of strikes
- "Many berry producers from Huelva are considering abandoning their crops"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- Kenya has surpassed South Africa as Africa’s top avocado exporter
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
Netherlands: Organic physalis packed in sugar cane for a waste-free Christmas
Carlos Velasco, product manager at Eosta, is proud of this sustainable delicacy. He explains: "Our physalis is grown by smallholder farmers in Colombia, who work in harmony with their surroundings. There's a great story behind it. We want to reflect that through our packaging. So we designed a beautiful little box, made with the waste material from cane sugar production. Not a single tree is chopped for that! And through the simple grower code on the box, you can learn more about the heroes behind the product."
Overseas transport is also arranged in a sustainable fashion, says Carlos. "Exotic specialties such as these are often flown in by airplane, basically because volumes are too small to transport by container. Our goal is always to transport by boat, because it's so much better for the climate. With this organic fair trade physalis we were able to make it happen!
For more information:
Eosta / Nature&More
Tel: +31 180 63 55 00
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-30 Strong pull for California avocados going into July 4th
- 2022-06-30 Chile has exported more than 77,600 tons of kiwis so far this season
- 2022-06-30 Brazil: Santa Catarina pitaya harvest 75% higher than last year
- 2022-06-30 "Limited supply means good prices for mangoes, despite moderate demand"
- 2022-06-30 Rain affects the quantity of ginger in the market, and the price is on the strong side
- 2022-06-30 Bangladesh mango exports reach five-year high
- 2022-06-30 Lack of infrastructure hampers Pakistani mango exports
- 2022-06-29 Sanifruit manages to extend shelf life of avocado by at least 3 days at point of sale
- 2022-06-29 Fruits supplied to Hong Kong through Shenzhen port quadrupled in 25 years
- 2022-06-29 Kenya has surpassed South Africa as Africa’s top avocado exporter
- 2022-06-29 Chapainawabganj traders double mango prices claiming production has halved
- 2022-06-29 "Conditions in Chinese ginger market will improve in October"
- 2022-06-28 Iran: Exotic fruit exports exceed $520 million
- 2022-06-28 2022 NZ kiwifruit harvest complete
- 2022-06-28 "Summer lychees are well received by restaurateurs and specialty retailers"
- 2022-06-28 Zespri kiwifruit shows presence during International Yoga Day
- 2022-06-28 Improving the shelf-life of annona cherimola
- 2022-06-28 Indigo Airlines approves subsidy on pineapple airfare from Tripura
- 2022-06-28 Pakistan Mango Festival to be held in Dubai on July 1 and 2
- 2022-06-27 Brazil estimates 8% increase in mango export volumes