- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW TOMATOES
- “Harvesting large volumes of blueberries should be delayed by about 7 to 10 days”
- South African power grid under immense strain as cold stores prepare for new EU orange protocol
- Ecuador’s banana exports to resume after end of crippling nationwide protests
- Extreme price pressure on banana producers
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- Kenya has surpassed South Africa as Africa’s top avocado exporter
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
"Luca Garletti: "Peruvian mangoes by air, is a way to guarantee quality"
A couple of weeks ago, the company McGarlet began the season of the Peruvian mango and will receive a total of 15 air-shipment by March 2014: "Overall, we move 12,000 parcels of mango using this mode of transportation, while other 100,000 packages will be imported by sea. The price to the final consumer for the goods arriving by air is 6-7 € / kg, which drops to 2 to 2.50 € / kg for mangos shipped by sea."
Luca Garletti points out: "However, I would like to remind that Peru has always used air transportation, given its adverse geographical location, and specifically for the trade of mango. The real problem lies rather in the ability or inability to handle large volumes of production, especially this year, and the resulting logistical organization. Moreover, I can assure that we’re not using illegal substances to ripen the fruit, as stated by Belfrut SAC."
Although the Italian market represents less than 10% in the international trade of mangoes, it accounts for 30% of the mangoes sales of the company McGarlet: "In Italy, the consumer who is mature and aware and has spending power, would definitely opt for goods shipped by air, even if that means more expensive fruit. This demanding segment of consumers appears to be expanding. Additional channels, however, choose the mango arriving by ship."
McGarlet markets the Kent variety of mangoes. Garletti points out that “The benefit of the Kent variety is the absence of fibre, which makes it more pleasant to eat. Though it presents a less intense colour than the variety Tommy (the one prevailing in the Italian market), when we propose the Kent variety as an alternative, the result is as always greater customer loyalty."
After a few years of medium-low production, the 2013 season of the Peruvian mango will provide abundant volumes and excellent quality of the fruit: "It’s a shame that the market is still that slow. We will see how things develop from now to Christmas," said Luca Garletti.
For more information:
Via Nicola Calipari 12
Albano S. Alessandro (BG)
Tel. +39 035 4521314
Fax +39 035 582363
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 New dragon fruit program being launched
- 2022-07-01 Fruits with a niche market have small volume and high price and increase in popularity
- 2022-07-01 Early prickly pears are grown in greenhouses in Sicily
- 2022-07-01 Avocados in service of 100-year old women’s shelter in central Johannesburg
- 2022-07-01 'Eat Me' launches summer campaign with avocado for every moment
- 2022-07-01 Tanzanian govt to invest in facilitating avocado value addition
- 2022-07-01 Pitahaya fires up the imagination of Boland fruit grower
- 2022-06-30 Strong pull for California avocados going into July 4th
- 2022-06-30 Chile has exported more than 77,600 tons of kiwis so far this season
- 2022-06-30 Brazil: Santa Catarina pitaya harvest 75% higher than last year
- 2022-06-30 "Limited supply means good prices for mangoes, despite moderate demand"
- 2022-06-30 Rain affects the quantity of ginger in the market, and the price is on the strong side
- 2022-06-30 Bangladesh mango exports reach five-year high
- 2022-06-30 Lack of infrastructure hampers Pakistani mango exports
- 2022-06-29 Sanifruit manages to extend shelf life of avocado by at least 3 days at point of sale
- 2022-06-29 Fruits supplied to Hong Kong through Shenzhen port quadrupled in 25 years
- 2022-06-29 Kenya has surpassed South Africa as Africa’s top avocado exporter
- 2022-06-29 Chapainawabganj traders double mango prices claiming production has halved
- 2022-06-29 "Conditions in Chinese ginger market will improve in October"
- 2022-06-28 Iran: Exotic fruit exports exceed $520 million