- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW TOMATOES
- “Harvesting large volumes of blueberries should be delayed by about 7 to 10 days”
- South African power grid under immense strain as cold stores prepare for new EU orange protocol
- Ecuador’s banana exports to resume after end of crippling nationwide protests
- New dragon fruit program being launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- Kenya has surpassed South Africa as Africa’s top avocado exporter
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
"Petra Wautaerts, LTV: "Own production from next season"
Rockit enthusiastically received in Belgian market
Rockit apples originally come from the east coast of New Zealand and have been available since 2010. The variety and cultivation code of the small apple is Prem A96. The miniature apple was introduced by Havelock North Fruit Company and is at the moment available in New Zealand, Asia, the United Kingdom and the United States. From this year the apples were also for sale at the Belgian and Scandinavian markets. Petra said that the season is almost over again, "We have sold well in Sweden and Belgium. The demand was much higher than the volume. We now had one container from New Zealand, but next year we expect two or three containers. In addition we also have our own production on one hectare next year. This year in Belgium an extra 5 HA will be planted and consequently the volume will increase during the coming years. The number of trees in Belgium will then be trebled.
In addition to production in Belgium next year trees will also be planted in Italy. In America there will also be an increase in area. They have signed a license for selling in America, Mexico and Canada. Australia is also part of the concept. It extends all over the world." According to Petra clients are very enthusiast. "The apple is fantastic and tasty and is a cross with Gala. Also the very red colour is very appealing. The combination of lasting freshness and the appealing look is not seen in any other apple. We will see all the buyers from this year again. Next year there will be more volume, but it will remain difficult to allocate, as the product the product has been promised in Norway and Sweden. Next year we will be in a position to make more clients happy. Retailers are mostly the buyers, but at the moment there are also discussions with petrol stations. Regarding price Rockit is in the high segment. The apples are not sold per kilo, but per tube."
For more information:
Limburgse Tuinbouw Veiling
Tel.: +(32) 13 55 01 10
Fax: +(32) 13 55 46 45
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 Charentais melons grown in Belgium for the first time
- 2022-07-01 Cherry harvesting has begun in the South Okanagan, delayed by rain
- 2022-07-01 Watermelon retail merchandising contest call for entries
- 2022-07-01 2022 Pear harvest expected to stay below European potential
- 2022-07-01 “Kishmish” and “Rizamat” grape varieties on sale in Uzbekistan
- 2022-07-01 Georgian blueberry prices have fallen this week
- 2022-07-01 "Extremadura confirms, once again, that it is a reliable stone fruit producing area"
- 2022-07-01 "Cooperatives from Almeria and Murcia showcase the importance of having your own sales departments abroad"
- 2022-07-01 “Harvesting large volumes of blueberries should be delayed by about 7 to 10 days”
- 2022-06-30 APHIS establishes Mexican Fruit Fly quarantines in Hargill and Lyford, Willacy County, Texas
- 2022-06-30 Foreign imports are negatively affecting Indian apple trade
- 2022-06-30 Dutoit Agri and Maersk partner up with SA Harvest to alleviate hunger in South Africa
- 2022-06-30 Fragment Design logo grown on a melon
- 2022-06-30 "The new plantation will increase the production volume by 30% between 2023 and 2024"
- 2022-06-30 "Many berry producers from Huelva are considering abandoning their crops"
- 2022-06-30 Mexican growers plan to export up to 12% more berries
- 2022-06-30 "By putting in just a little energy, the system can be used effortlessly"
- 2022-06-30 Coöperatie Hoogstraten receives traders on its Taste Days Soft Fruit
- 2022-06-30 Successful beginning of season for the Italian Solinda watermelon
- 2022-06-30 "Sluggish melon market, balanced marketing situation for Spanish stone fruit"