- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
Top 5 -yesterday
- Danish robots make up for labour shortages on farms across Europe and further afield
- Australian-first Reemoon Fruscan 7 blemish grading technology already achieving improved quality
- Supermarket shortages could worsen as Australian growers brace for rain
- Rain affects the quantity of ginger in the market, and the price is on the strong side
- Pure Harvest Smart Farms secures USD $180.5 million from global investors to fund expansion
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- Kenya has surpassed South Africa as Africa’s top avocado exporter
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
Chile: USDA forcast predicts smaller production for table grapes, apples, pears
To make matters worse, table grape production regions Atacama (Copiapo) Coquimbo and valparaiso, are experiencing droughts for the second year in a row. These regions represent approximately 52 percent of the total planted area in Chile which means this will have a negative affect on table grape production as well.
Although it is still too early to predict the total output for the coming 2014 apple production, it is also expected to be smaller than this year's harvest. Producers have been diversifying by planting more productive varieties, along with increasing orchard density, so as long as there are normal weather conditions, output should continue to grow. Demand for Chilean apples is strong, with the US, once again, being the largest export market for the apples.
It is a bit of the same situation when it comes to the 2014 season prediction for pear production. It is a bit too early to predict, but it is also expected that pear production will be negatively affected by the September frosts.
Most of the pears coming out of Chile are consumed fresh, with 50% being exported to the European market.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 Charentais melons grown in Belgium for the first time
- 2022-07-01 Cherry harvesting has begun in the South Okanagan, delayed by rain
- 2022-07-01 Watermelon retail merchandising contest call for entries
- 2022-07-01 2022 Pear harvest expected to stay below European potential
- 2022-07-01 “Kishmish” and “Rizamat” grape varieties on sale in Uzbekistan
- 2022-07-01 Georgian blueberry prices have fallen this week
- 2022-07-01 "Extremadura confirms, once again, that it is a reliable stone fruit producing area"
- 2022-07-01 "Cooperatives from Almeria and Murcia showcase the importance of having your own sales departments abroad"
- 2022-07-01 “Harvesting large volumes of blueberries should be delayed by about 7 to 10 days”
- 2022-06-30 APHIS establishes Mexican Fruit Fly quarantines in Hargill and Lyford, Willacy County, Texas
- 2022-06-30 Foreign imports are negatively affecting Indian apple trade
- 2022-06-30 Dutoit Agri and Maersk partner up with SA Harvest to alleviate hunger in South Africa
- 2022-06-30 Fragment Design logo grown on a melon
- 2022-06-30 "The new plantation will increase the production volume by 30% between 2023 and 2024"
- 2022-06-30 "Many berry producers from Huelva are considering abandoning their crops"
- 2022-06-30 Mexican growers plan to export up to 12% more berries
- 2022-06-30 "By putting in just a little energy, the system can be used effortlessly"
- 2022-06-30 Coöperatie Hoogstraten receives traders on its Taste Days Soft Fruit
- 2022-06-30 Successful beginning of season for the Italian Solinda watermelon
- 2022-06-30 "Sluggish melon market, balanced marketing situation for Spanish stone fruit"