- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
- San Miguel sells fresh fruit operations in Peru and South Africa to Citri&Co
"Less Waste. More Produce."
Bayer CropScience AG : Reducing food losses in fresh produce, food chain
"We strongly believe that our improved vegetable seeds, chemical and biological crop protection products as well as our broad range of services respond to the increasing demand for innovative and integrated solutions", Dr. Klaus Koetting, Head of Crop Strategy and Portfolio Management Fruits & Vegetables and Insecticides at Bayer CropScience pointed out. "We help growers to get the best from their fields - in accordance with sustainable agricultural principles and measures to prevent food loss." As a leader in integrated crop solutions, Bayer CropScience plans to further expand its position in the agricultural sector. The company's high-yield strategy for the fruit and vegetable business is based on innovative crop protection products, improved vegetable seed varieties, dedicated crop teams including horticulture specialists to develop customized services, fostering Food Chain Partnership activities and collaborations. "We are continuing to invest in our fruits & vegetables business to strengthen our leading market position", Koetting added.
The one-day event themed "Less Waste.More Produce." aimed at stimulating discussions on the production of high-quality horticulture crops with a focus on pre- and post harvest crop protection treatments. Speakers represented companies, research bodies and organizations such as the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the Nielsen Perishables Group, Chicago/USA, the British Cranfield University, the Agricultural Research Institute of Chile (INIA) and IRTA, a research institute owned by the Government of Catalonia adscribed to the Department of Agriculture of Spain.
Please click here for the full press release.
Find more information at www.bayercropscience.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-28 From the ordering app to the eCommerce operating system
- 2022-06-28 "We're central to handling everything for our clients in far-off destinations"
- 2022-06-15 Labor's changes to PALM scheme may not solely address ag workforce issues, according to Minister
- 2022-06-14 KZN Growth Coalition welcome's Transnet's restoration of flood-damaged economic infrastructure
- 2022-06-13 Ukrainian president announces duty-free regime with UK
- 2022-06-09 President Biden to nominate Chief Ag Trade Negotiator well-known to USApple
- 2022-06-03 Lang Son speeding up customs clearance for fresh fruit
- 2022-06-03 Vietnam: Border province to set up virus-free zones to aid exports
- 2022-06-02 Experts warn Britain is one shock away from a food crisis
- 2022-05-30 Western Cape launches Africa Agriculture Strategy
- 2022-05-26 Soil Association Certification appoints new CEO
- 2022-05-26 Tree-Boring Beetle could cost South Africa $18.5 billion over the next decade
- 2022-05-18 "Agriculture must be the priority of the next government"
- 2022-05-17 IrriGò - a management system for smaller companies
- 2022-05-12 EFSA postpones its glyphosate assessment after receiving an avalanche of comments
- 2022-05-11 Rising Dollar puts Asia's banks on defensive
- 2022-05-10 5000 Zambian farmers benefit from climate smart agriculture
- 2022-05-10 Hà Nội supports farmers in digitalisation of production and sales
- 2022-05-10 Worst locust infestation in 25 years hits Eastern Cape
- 2022-05-10 Food and Agriculture Ministry takes patronage of the "Experience your Local Market“ campaign