- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW TOMATOES
- “Harvesting large volumes of blueberries should be delayed by about 7 to 10 days”
- South African power grid under immense strain as cold stores prepare for new EU orange protocol
- Ecuador’s banana exports to resume after end of crippling nationwide protests
- Extreme price pressure on banana producers
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- Kenya has surpassed South Africa as Africa’s top avocado exporter
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
NZ: John Palmer awarded 2013 Fresh Carriers Hayward Medal
Zespri Chairman Peter McBride announced Mr Palmer as this year’s recipient of the kiwifruit industry award at the Hayward Medal Dinner last night, in front of more than 450 people in Mount Maunganui.
“The kiwifruit industry is facing a huge challenge in form of Psa now but we faced a disaster of equal proportions back in early 1990’s. The financial disaster in 1992 saw the bottom drop out of the market, as prices crashed in an over-supplied European market,” said Mr McBride.
“It was John Palmer, a kiwifruit grower from Nelson and Board member, who stepped up assume the chairmanship of the New Zealand Kiwifruit Marketing Board – surely one of the least desirable positions in the country at the time. Seemingly undaunted, John worked day and night throughout the financial crisis, to trade through the 1993 season,” said Mr McBride. “John is a brilliant thinker and leader. He showed outstanding leadership when the industry’s future and global credibility was shredded – directly contributing to what became one of the greatest business turn-arounds New Zealand has seen.
“His five years as chairman of the Kiwifruit Marketing Board helped establish our industry for the future,” said Mr McBride.
The Fresh Carriers Hayward Medal was presented by Fresh Carriers at the event last night. “We at Fresh Carriers are proud to have carried over a quarter of a billion trays of New Zealand kiwifruit on our ships for over the past 28 years. Our ships have a fast and direct service to Japan and other Asian markets such as Korea and China,” said Mr Takeshige, President of Fresh Carriers Co Ltd.
For more information:
Tel: +61 027 509 1805
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 New dragon fruit program being launched
- 2022-07-01 Fruits with a niche market have small volume and high price and increase in popularity
- 2022-07-01 Early prickly pears are grown in greenhouses in Sicily
- 2022-07-01 Avocados in service of 100-year old women’s shelter in central Johannesburg
- 2022-07-01 'Eat Me' launches summer campaign with avocado for every moment
- 2022-07-01 Tanzanian govt to invest in facilitating avocado value addition
- 2022-07-01 Pitahaya fires up the imagination of Boland fruit grower
- 2022-06-30 Strong pull for California avocados going into July 4th
- 2022-06-30 Chile has exported more than 77,600 tons of kiwis so far this season
- 2022-06-30 Brazil: Santa Catarina pitaya harvest 75% higher than last year
- 2022-06-30 "Limited supply means good prices for mangoes, despite moderate demand"
- 2022-06-30 Rain affects the quantity of ginger in the market, and the price is on the strong side
- 2022-06-30 Bangladesh mango exports reach five-year high
- 2022-06-30 Lack of infrastructure hampers Pakistani mango exports
- 2022-06-29 Sanifruit manages to extend shelf life of avocado by at least 3 days at point of sale
- 2022-06-29 Fruits supplied to Hong Kong through Shenzhen port quadrupled in 25 years
- 2022-06-29 Kenya has surpassed South Africa as Africa’s top avocado exporter
- 2022-06-29 Chapainawabganj traders double mango prices claiming production has halved
- 2022-06-29 "Conditions in Chinese ginger market will improve in October"
- 2022-06-28 Iran: Exotic fruit exports exceed $520 million