- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
Top 5 -yesterday
- Danish robots make up for labour shortages on farms across Europe and further afield
- Australian-first Reemoon Fruscan 7 blemish grading technology already achieving improved quality
- Supermarket shortages could worsen as Australian growers brace for rain
- Rain affects the quantity of ginger in the market, and the price is on the strong side
- Pure Harvest Smart Farms secures USD $180.5 million from global investors to fund expansion
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- Kenya has surpassed South Africa as Africa’s top avocado exporter
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
just in time for the holidays
US: Opal apples arriving one month earlier this year
Grown in Washington, Opal apples are sold exclusively in North America by FirstFruits Marketing. The apple is a cross between Topaz and Golden Delicious. The flavour is sweet to start with a tart finish, crunchy and is highly resistant to oxidation making it less likely to brown.
This year a focus on social media and public relations efforts will be supplemented by retailer demos and local events to get the apples in consumers’ hands. In-home Opal parties and relationships with brand ambassadors and bloggers will allow consumers to not only taste the apple but also learn about how they can help make a difference through the purchase of the apple.
Opal has teamed with ChopChop Magazine, the award-winning non-profit cooking magazine for kids 5-12. ChopChop founder Sally Sampson will join Opal at local events, demonstrating simple, kid-friendly recipes highlighting Opal apples.
Through the Opal Youth Make a Difference Initiative, FirstFruits is looking to provide funding for small, grassroots organizations surrounding youth-led food and agricultural issues. The initiative asks the fans of Opal® apples to nominate worthy organizations that need support. Nominees are run through a stringent set of criteria, and final awards are based on consumer votes of top nominations. Last season the Opal Youth Make a Difference Initiative provided funding for five projects in addition to Katie’s Krops.
For more information:
Golden Sun Marketing
Tel: +1 612.225.1671
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 Charentais melons grown in Belgium for the first time
- 2022-07-01 Cherry harvesting has begun in the South Okanagan, delayed by rain
- 2022-07-01 Watermelon retail merchandising contest call for entries
- 2022-07-01 2022 Pear harvest expected to stay below European potential
- 2022-07-01 “Kishmish” and “Rizamat” grape varieties on sale in Uzbekistan
- 2022-07-01 Georgian blueberry prices have fallen this week
- 2022-07-01 "Extremadura confirms, once again, that it is a reliable stone fruit producing area"
- 2022-07-01 "Cooperatives from Almeria and Murcia showcase the importance of having your own sales departments abroad"
- 2022-07-01 “Harvesting large volumes of blueberries should be delayed by about 7 to 10 days”
- 2022-06-30 APHIS establishes Mexican Fruit Fly quarantines in Hargill and Lyford, Willacy County, Texas
- 2022-06-30 Foreign imports are negatively affecting Indian apple trade
- 2022-06-30 Dutoit Agri and Maersk partner up with SA Harvest to alleviate hunger in South Africa
- 2022-06-30 Fragment Design logo grown on a melon
- 2022-06-30 "The new plantation will increase the production volume by 30% between 2023 and 2024"
- 2022-06-30 "Many berry producers from Huelva are considering abandoning their crops"
- 2022-06-30 Mexican growers plan to export up to 12% more berries
- 2022-06-30 "By putting in just a little energy, the system can be used effortlessly"
- 2022-06-30 Coöperatie Hoogstraten receives traders on its Taste Days Soft Fruit
- 2022-06-30 Successful beginning of season for the Italian Solinda watermelon
- 2022-06-30 "Sluggish melon market, balanced marketing situation for Spanish stone fruit"