- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
Top 5 -yesterday
- Danish robots make up for labour shortages on farms across Europe and further afield
- Australian-first Reemoon Fruscan 7 blemish grading technology already achieving improved quality
- Supermarket shortages could worsen as Australian growers brace for rain
- Rain affects the quantity of ginger in the market, and the price is on the strong side
- Pure Harvest Smart Farms secures USD $180.5 million from global investors to fund expansion
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- Kenya has surpassed South Africa as Africa’s top avocado exporter
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
"Koen de Bruyne: "We supply lines for potatoes and vegetables"
De Bruyne sees rise in processing lines through export
Processing potatoes and vegetables
"In 1930 my grandfather Michel manufactured agricultural machinery. My father Jozef subsequently developed the business further by focusing on the manufacture of potato processing machinery. Even today we deliver complete installations for the processing of potatoes and vegetables. Basically we offer complete lines and components from the beginning of the process to the packaging of the products. Just a couple of years ago this was only for potatoes, but over recent years more vegetables have been added. Carrots, onions, celery and beetroot are amongst the most important processed vegetables. We deliver 70% to the potato industry and the rest to the vegetable industry. We expect to expand this in the future. In addition to the production, sale and installation of new machines, we also deal in second hand machines."
"There is always movement in this sector. Machines need to be maintained. Applying new layers of silicon carbide peeling rolls in diverse diameters and lengths is also part of our business. We also specialise in blasting metal to keep it rust free for third parties. We have around 20 workers and a sales team for abroad. In Belgium alone we have 600 peeling machines running. Our products are delivered under the brand De Bruyne. We have built up a good reputation for delivering quality at a reasonable price. We are recognised for our 'know how', mouth to mouth advertising and particularly excellent service."
"We are presently busy developing new machines and we expect these to be available to the market in the New Year." De Bruyne continues to invest in the future: "We will shortly build a new warehouse for further expansion. As a company we are constantly looking for new challenges but customer satisfaction is central to our business."
For more information:
Koen De Bruyne
De Bruyne Food Processing Equipment
B - 9700 Oudenaarde
Tel: +32(0) 55 31 28 32
Fax: +32(0) 55 31 94 67
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 Robotic pollinator might decrease reliance on bees
- 2022-07-01 "Demand for optical sorting processes will continue to grow in the coming years"
- 2022-06-30 Danish robots make up for labour shortages on farms across Europe and further afield
- 2022-06-30 "In Germany, demand for potato and onion peeling machines is greater than for salad processing machines"
- 2022-06-30 Australian-first Reemoon Fruscan 7 blemish grading technology already achieving improved quality
- 2022-06-29 AINIA is developing a mobile robot to collect and give a second use to the fallen fruit on the ground
- 2022-06-29 MultiGrow Grashoek & MultiFresa get complete food processing line
- 2022-06-28 Solinftec launches its new AgTech robotic platform into Canada
- 2022-06-28 Slicing, packaging, and sorting machines for the vegetable industry available
- 2022-06-28 Automated seeding can be a great help to agriculture
- 2022-06-27 Online auction machinery for the potato processing industry
- 2022-06-24 First shipment of robotic utility carts for the table grape industry
- 2022-06-23 Bid online on fruit and vegetable machines
- 2022-06-22 Robot helps Malaysian farmers to optimize their production
- 2022-06-22 PL2D - peeling machine for melons and pineapples
- 2022-06-22 “We have now installed the latest kiwi sorting technology”
- 2022-06-21 "Now more than ever before, apples require accurate and consistent sorting and grading"
- 2022-06-21 Flame treatment increasingly international
- 2022-06-21 Potato sorting company processing machines in online auction
- 2022-06-20 Vanmark ships first three potato peelers to Chinese customer