- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
Top 5 -yesterday
- Danish robots make up for labour shortages on farms across Europe and further afield
- Australian-first Reemoon Fruscan 7 blemish grading technology already achieving improved quality
- Supermarket shortages could worsen as Australian growers brace for rain
- Rain affects the quantity of ginger in the market, and the price is on the strong side
- Pure Harvest Smart Farms secures USD $180.5 million from global investors to fund expansion
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- Kenya has surpassed South Africa as Africa’s top avocado exporter
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
Turkey: International citrus producer with three generations of experience
Three generations of know how in agriculture has enabled Özler Ziraat to become one of the largest citrus producers in Turkey. Growing more than 20,000 tonnes of GlobalGap certified citrus in all varieties, including grapefruit, lemons, oranges and mandarins, they also market their Hasat brand around the globe. Along with citrus, Özler Ziraat has also been successful in growing the world famous Bursa Black fresh fig in our plantations, which is on the market under the Hasat brand between the middle of July through to the end of September. We also offer our own production of pomegranades between October through to January.
Out of all citrus fruits, the star ruby and rio red grapefruit make up around 5000 tonnes (25%) of total production and is the top product offered to European clients from the middle of October until the end of April. One of the biggest challenges importers in Europe face with Turkish grapefruit are MRL issues. Although the production in Turkey is quite large and many companies from Turkey also offer the product, most of the fruits being offered in the market are not up to strict MRL requirements for many European retailers. Consequently, importers face big problems selling their products to retail clients.
As one of the biggest grapefruit producers in Turkey, plans and organisation for its production is done according to the strictest MRL retail requirements. This is to ensure that the 5000 tonnes of grapefruit is within the MR requirements for even the strictest retailers in Europe.
Özler Ziraat's main mission and top priority is consumer safety and providing the healthiest fruit possible. GlobalGap certified production, at our orchards, begins with the shoot, utilizing the latest technology in agriculture while developing and using methods to keep environmental damage at minimum levels, for a cleaner and safer environment. Packing our fruits with utmost care in our pack house, Özler Ziraat is able to deliver 100% traceable and healthy goods from the seed through to the market shelf and onto the consumer.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-11-29 Clementine industry too fragmented
- 2019-11-28 Grapefruit harvest started in Turkey
- 2019-11-27 Citrus industry generates billions in exports despite bruising year
- 2019-11-26 Late overseas citrus on the rise
- 2019-11-25 Leaved clementines are synonymous with freshness and high quality
- 2019-11-22 "Navel crops from South Jiangxi, China are small in size due to dry weather"
- 2019-11-21 Ultra-thin layer of seal packaging increases citrus shelf-life up to 40%
- 2019-11-20 "Canada, Asia, and the Middle East are our most important markets"
- 2019-11-19 "Delayed harvest of Greek organic citrus"
- 2019-11-18 China: Navel orange production declines by 30% in Hengyang, Hunan
- 2019-11-15 Texas red grapefruit season commences, big sizes expected
- 2019-11-14 Memorably bad season for South African soft citrus in Russia
- 2019-11-13 Clementines: Real test of prices will take place in a few weeks time
- 2019-11-12 "Oranges from Guangdong, China will be available early"
- 2019-11-11 "Indonesia is currently the best export market for our Chinese mandarins"
- 2019-11-08 Tougher times for South African citrus growers and exporters during past season
- 2019-11-07 Heat in spring has reduced Israel easy peeler crop by 30%
- 2019-11-06 "Retailers like to work with specialist companies"
- 2019-11-05 Turkish mandarin season started slow, expected to pick up pace soon
- 2019-11-04 "Larger volume of small Chinese oranges this year"