- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- Freight rates will drop by 20-30% in the second half of the year
- T&G takes big step towards low carbon future with Sustainability-Linked Loan
- 2022 NZ kiwifruit harvest complete
- Proposed EU pesticide cuts could threaten potato growing in Ireland
- Maersk: No abatement in surging costs of shipping goods
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
- San Miguel sells fresh fruit operations in Peru and South Africa to Citri&Co
Peru: FCE Export SAC starts off 2014 mango export campaign
Our greatest export volumes have always been shipped to the Netherlands; however, this year we are exporting to new destinations, such as the United States and Spain.
FCE Export SAC is confident they will achieve as good results this year as they did in the previous campaign. The company will export mangoes until February and continue with avocados in March.
Diana Sajami pointed out that during the 2013/2014 campaign, mango production volumes remained similar to last season’s. “A 5% growth was expected, but due to water shortages and irregular rainfall, production is now only expected to reach 110,000 tonnes, which is similar to last year’s. The harvest will come into full swing mid-November.”
For now, Edward and Tommy Atkins' mango varieties from the San Lorenzo valley are being shipped in small amounts, but the export campaign will truly begin this month with the Kent variety and will peak in early December. Mango exports will continue until April.
90% of all mango exports will be the Kent variety with 10% being the Keitt and Ataulfo. Furthermore, she stated that there are 16,500 hectares in production in Piura, 3,500 hectares in Lambayeque and 2,000 hectares in Ancash.
The main market for Peruvian mangoes is the United States (39% of the total), followed by the Netherlands (37%) and the United Kingdom (10%). Other markets include Japan, Chile, China and New Zealand, which together, represent just 3% of all exports (last season).
In 2012, Peru’s mango shipments generated US$ 155 million in revenue; a figure only surpassed by asparagus, grape and Hass avocado exports.
For more information:
FCE Export SAC
Tel: +51 95 496 0080 / +51 97 634 8373
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-29 Sanifruit manages to extend shelf life of avocado by at least 3 days at point of sale
- 2022-06-29 Fruits supplied to Hong Kong through Shenzhen port quadrupled in 25 years
- 2022-06-29 Kenya has surpassed South Africa as Africa’s top avocado exporter
- 2022-06-29 Chapainawabganj traders double mango prices claiming production has halved
- 2022-06-29 "Conditions in Chinese ginger market will improve in October"
- 2022-06-28 Iran: Exotic fruit exports exceed $520 million
- 2022-06-28 2022 NZ kiwifruit harvest complete
- 2022-06-28 "Summer lychees are well received by restaurateurs and specialty retailers"
- 2022-06-28 Zespri kiwifruit shows presence during International Yoga Day
- 2022-06-28 Improving the shelf-life of annona cherimola
- 2022-06-28 Indigo Airlines approves subsidy on pineapple airfare from Tripura
- 2022-06-28 Pakistan Mango Festival to be held in Dubai on July 1 and 2
- 2022-06-27 Brazil estimates 8% increase in mango export volumes
- 2022-06-27 Pakistan could increase mango exports by 200%
- 2022-06-27 Dole offers free pineapples on National Pineapple Day
- 2022-06-27 Avocado prices to remain relatively low
- 2022-06-27 New Zealand kiwifruit sector expects drop in profits
- 2022-06-27 Kerio Valley Development Authority promotes mango cultivation
- 2022-06-24 Low mango produce has Pakistan growers worried
- 2022-06-24 "The production potential of exotics in areas such as Palomares, in Almeria, is impressive"