- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
Top 5 -yesterday
- Danish robots make up for labour shortages on farms across Europe and further afield
- Australian-first Reemoon Fruscan 7 blemish grading technology already achieving improved quality
- Supermarket shortages could worsen as Australian growers brace for rain
- Rain affects the quantity of ginger in the market, and the price is on the strong side
- Pure Harvest Smart Farms secures USD $180.5 million from global investors to fund expansion
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- Kenya has surpassed South Africa as Africa’s top avocado exporter
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
19-21 June 2014
Ausveg convention city named fastest growing international tourist destination
The event will be held from 19-21 June next year at the Cairns Convention Centre.
“Cairns is an extremely attractive destination for us as it will encourage delegates to
attend the Convention, due to its year-round warm climate and holiday vibe,” said Ausveg spokesperson, Lauren Winterbottom.
The 2014 National Convention is expected to generate around $1 million in revenue for the city of Cairns. Visitors to tropical north Queensland increased by 17 per cent in the last year, confirming its status as one of Australia’s favourite holiday destinations.
“With more people looking to visit Cairns and tropical north Queensland, we are confident that our fifth National Convention will be the most successful yet.”
“After hosting approximately 1,100 delegates at Jupiters Gold Coast in 2013, it is expected that this figure will be eclipsed at the 2014 National Convention,” said Ms Winterbottom.
Favourite events in 2013 included the Convention Trade Show, where over 100 exhibitors from across the horticultural supply chain were present, and the Ausveg Awards for Excellence Gala Dinner where the industry’s best were recognised for their contributions over the year.
“Ausveg encourages all industry members from across Australia to attend what is the premier event in Australian horticulture,” said Ms Winterbottom.
For more information, please visit www.ausveg.com.au/convention
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 Record buyer attendance at foodservice conference includes school buyers
- 2022-07-01 Interpera 2022 sees the current challenges of the pear sector but believes in a brighter future
- 2022-06-29 IFPA Southern Africa Conference – The event for everyone in the fresh produce and floral industry
- 2022-06-28 Successful first day of the 7th International Berry Congress of Huelva
- 2022-06-28 Prognosfruit 2022 complete programme available
- 2022-06-24 Who’s Who at IFPA Foodservice 2022
- 2022-06-24 The EC wants to reduce the use of chemical pesticides in the EU by 50% by 2030
- 2022-06-23 Registrations open for FPC Future and FPC Careers 2022
- 2022-06-23 New Zealand welcomes global avocado community ahead of 2023 World Avocado Congress
- 2022-06-23 International Pear Symposium will take place from 22-26 January 2023 in Stellenbosch
- 2022-06-23 ABRAFRUTAS to be present at the 27th HORTITEC
- 2022-06-22 The Rome Table comes back on 3rd and 4th November
- 2022-06-22 Global Melon and Watermelon Event 2022
- 2022-06-21 90% of Fruit Attraction's Fresh Food Logistics area is already booked
- 2022-06-17 Professional visitor registration open for Fruit Attraction 2022 and LIVEConnect
- 2022-06-17 It's almost time for Interpera 2022
- 2022-06-16 Global Produce & Floral Show launches
- 2022-06-16 German fresh-cut sector needs to catch up with countries such as the Netherlands, UK and USA
- 2022-06-15 Fruit Logistica will sponsor the VII International Berry Congress
- 2022-06-14 Summer Fancy Food Show features 22 Brazilian exhibitors