- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Bravo Sales and Administration Officer
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
AU: $567,000/tonne paid for new season baby potatoes!
Mr Tony Wetherall, Stud Stock Manager, Elders Rural Services, a corporate sponsor, transferred his highly regarded auctioneering skills from the livestock saleyards to the horticultural arena, working a room of more than 100 key industry stakeholders to produce this outstanding result. Tony is well remembered as the auctioneer responsible for the world-breaking record of $450,000 for the sale of a Merino ram at the Adelaide Ram Sales in 1990.
The successful bidder was Mr Jamie Roberts, General Manager, Thomas Farm Fresh who was later crowned ‘The 2013 King of Potatoes’ by Senator Sean Edwards, Liberal Senator for South Australia. The auctioned potatoes were kindly donated by Zerella Fresh.
All proceeds from the auction will be donated to the Little Heroes Foundation, a charity dedicated to supporting children living with cancer and serious illness, and their families.
Ms Robbie Davis, CEO of Potatoes South Australia Incorporated, the peak industry body for the entire value chain, said “This Dinner was a first for the industry in 25 years and it was wonderful to see such united, collaborative support for the most significant sector of horticulture at both a state and national level, and for our Charity, the Little Heroes Foundation. Our Independent Chair, Mr Brian Cunningham, is also delighted to see the industry consolidating for future growth in the sector.”
For more information:
Tel: +61 0427 084 319
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-17 Potato planting in Belarus over
- 2022-05-17 Mexican potato producers speak out against US potato imports
- 2022-05-17 The potato and onion production that still hasn't been harvested in l'Horta and La Ribera decreases by 50%
- 2022-05-17 "Supply of alternative goods is gradually coming to an end"
- 2022-05-16 Potato industry Idaho hails potato research endowment
- 2022-05-16 California meets strong demand with new crop potatoes
- 2022-05-16 The planting of early potatoes has already been completed in France and the harvest has started in some areas
- 2022-05-16 Kenyan government to start Sh23 billion agriculture value chain project in July
- 2022-05-16 'Generally speaking, business proceeded fairly quietly'
- 2022-05-16 Burger King Japan offers dried ramen instead of French fries in combo meals
- 2022-05-13 Pakistan: Potato exports up 9.8 per cent
- 2022-05-13 New provincial supports available for PEI seed producers
- 2022-05-13 US fresh potatoes begin export to Mexico
- 2022-05-12 Indian onion growers want Nafed to buy onions for Rs 30/kg
- 2022-05-12 Irish markets remain stable and largely unchanged
- 2022-05-12 “We blew through our whites, and we are selling reds and yellows now"
- 2022-05-12 "Very tough sweet potato market, regardless of origin"
- 2022-05-12 Potato prices moving up in Moldova
- 2022-05-12 Irish potato growers urged to order seed for 2023 now
- 2022-05-12 Kolkata farmers told to release stored potatoes