Announcements

Job Offers

Specials more

Top 5 -yesterday

Top 5 -last week

Top 5 -last month

German supermarket evacuated over spider alert

Earlier this month in the German Kornwestheim (Baden-Württemberg) a supermarket was evacuated by the police due to an employee (19) being bitten by a spider when unpacking bananas, the German newspaper Bild reports on its website. It was initially unclear which creature it was. There were fears it could be the poisonous banana spider, but the employee could also have been stung by a scorpion. 


Click here for the Bild video

The man's hand was swollen and he was hospitalised. The fire and rescue department searched the entire supermarket for the creature with an infrared camera, but to no avail. Later experts from a a pest control company were called in, who eventually found the arachnid. It was revealed to be a variety of South American spider.

Publication date:



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber