- Breeding Trial Specialist
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Lower early Flame volumes and costs challenges for Mexican table grapes
- “The competition won’t be easy for the Egyptian grapes”
- Suiderland Plase’s third and largest citrus packhouse becomes operational
- Unprecedented demand for fresh produce software company after remote packhouse solutions installation
- "The number of illegal hectares of bananas in Ecuador comes close to that of Costa Rica"
Top 5 -last week
- "The fertilizer industry is at a turning point"
- From the ripe revolution of avocados to expansion into mangos
- AAA Growers' first sea freight avocados selling well in Dubai market
- Sri Lankan coconut coir exporter to double berry farms in Mexico
- China’s lockdowns force fruit exporters to divert to Southeast Asia
Top 5 -last month
"Xian Huang: "Lower imports due to high cost of fruit in China"
Chinese Asian pear season in full swing at Yex
The Asian pear is a round fruit in the shape of a large apple, which is why it is often referred to as the apple-pear. They have the texture and bite like an apple, but the sweetness and taste of a pear. The pear is white on the inside and has a small core. The pear also has thin golden skin. Yex delivers the Asian pears in an open top container of 7kg for the retail trade. According to the importer it is difficult to estimate volumes for the whole season, "Due to the high cost of fruit in China, there has been reduced demand from EU countries this year.
Xian said that the Asian pear can also be grown in The Netherlands, but also that this is still not often done by professional growers. "It is increasingly found in private gardens." Asian pears have a brix value of around 10-11% with juice, and that distinguishes it from the European pear. The Asian pear is not easy to plant in Europe because during harvest there needs to be a temperature above 30°C lasting for at least 30 days."
For more information:
ABC Westland 120
2685 DB Poeldijk
T: +31 174 214536
F: +31 174 214449
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-10-29 From the Aosta Valley, the Augusta apples are making their way on to the national scene
- 2021-10-29 Ontario apple crop down 15 percent for 2021-2022
- 2021-10-28 "Demand for pears currently exceeds sorting capacity"
- 2021-10-28 The overall commoditization rate of China’s apples in 2021 is expected to be 20%-30% lower than last year
- 2021-10-27 Michigan growers see 15 percent drop in apple volume for 2021-2022
- 2021-10-27 Increase in apple price due to late start
- 2021-10-26 Untimely snowfall damages apple orchards in south Kashmir
- 2021-10-26 Strong Pazazz apple crop headed to store
- 2021-10-25 'First domestic batches of Kanzis have arrived'
- 2021-10-25 Serbian apple growers need to adapt to changing market and plentiful European harvest
- 2021-10-22 Argentina could market up to 100,000 fewer tons of pears and apples in 2021
- 2021-10-22 “Goal is to be the best and highest volume Turkish apple brand in India in 3 years”
- 2021-10-21 “In some areas the apples now have a completely black color”
- 2021-10-21 “Prices are higher than in previous years”
- 2021-10-20 EU consumption of fresh apples still at high level
- 2021-10-20 Premium apple brand finds success in U.S. market
- 2021-10-19 “Start of trading season was slightly delayed”
- 2021-10-18 New pear varieties to relaunch the sector
- 2021-10-15 “We are doubling our volumes of Legend harvested, going from 400 to 800 tons!”
- 2021-10-14 New harvest of red Fuji apples from Yantai enters Chinese market in mid-October