- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW TOMATOES
- “Harvesting large volumes of blueberries should be delayed by about 7 to 10 days”
- South African power grid under immense strain as cold stores prepare for new EU orange protocol
- Ecuador’s banana exports to resume after end of crippling nationwide protests
- New dragon fruit program being launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- Kenya has surpassed South Africa as Africa’s top avocado exporter
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
Mastronardi makes donation to feeding America in New Orleans
On Thursday, staff from Mastronardi Produce paid a visit to Second Harvest, the local chapter of Feeding America, and they didn't go empty handed. Mastronardi donated 1,000 cases of fresh, gourmet greenhouse grown tomatoes including ZimaT grape tomatoes and Campari® brand cocktail tomatoes. Mastronardi also took the time to tour the facility and learn about how they work with the community to provide support.
"We're very proud to be able to contribute, not just our local community, but whatever community we happen to be in," said Chris Veillon, Director of Marketing. "These kinds of opportunities remind us of our common goal to serve the community in any way we can", said Veillon.
With Second Harvest's food industry and other community partnerships, the organization, which services 23 parishes across south Louisiana, is able to turn a $10 donation into 28 meals for families in need (263,000 individuals are reached annually through Second Harvest's network of agencies). The donation of 1,000 cases of greenhouse tomatoes, Campari® and ZimaT brands, respectively, is important to ensuring that vulnerable citizens throughout the Greater New Orleans region and beyond are able to put fresh, healthy food on the table.
"With 1 in 6 households in Louisiana struggling with hunger (and often obesity), this type of community backing is absolutely essential. We truly appreciate the support of Mastronardi Produce and know our clients will enjoy SUNSET® tomatoes", said Lisa Abel, Chief Philanthropy and Marketing Officer at Second Harvest New Orleans.
To learn more about SUNSET® brand produce, please visit sunsetgrown.com.
For more information:
Tel: +1 519 796 7722
Tel: +1 519 990 6933
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-10-31 Peru projects $260m in business deals for fruit & veg sector from PMA
- 2017-10-31 "Our momentum continues to move forward"
- 2017-10-30 Fresh Summit exhibitors donate more than 312,000 pounds of fresh produce
- 2017-10-27 Oneonta Starr Ranch Growers' JUICI™ apple sees increased US interest
- 2017-10-26 Jin Ju Wilder ‘humbled & eager’ to lead 2017-2018 PMA Board of Directors
- 2017-10-25 Innovations at PMA: American growers get extra value from their product
- 2017-10-24 Fresh Summit exhibitors earn honors
- 2017-10-20 Emerson launches new brand and shipment tracking app
- 2017-10-20 Preparing for new leadership West Pak Avocado debuts new campaign
- 2017-10-20 Children given final call on Sensory Experience Contest winners at PMA
- 2017-10-19 Sunkist citrus season begins at 2017 PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-19 Guatemala will showcase its agricultural exports at the PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-19 Seasonal quartet of juices featured at PMA
- 2017-10-18 Oneonta’s JUICI™ apple to show star power at PMA
- 2017-10-18 Guatemala increases number of delegates by 75% to 80 members
- 2017-10-18 Wonderful Brands unite at PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-18 Fox Solutions™ modifies pouch bagger to accommodate tree fruit
- 2017-10-17 Farmer’s Best exhibits for 21st year at Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-17 New veggies rooted in freshness
- 2017-10-17 Autumn Glory is making its annual debut at PMA Fresh Summit