- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
Top 5 -yesterday
- Danish robots make up for labour shortages on farms across Europe and further afield
- Australian-first Reemoon Fruscan 7 blemish grading technology already achieving improved quality
- Supermarket shortages could worsen as Australian growers brace for rain
- Ecuador: Non-oil export losses amount to $85 million in 16 days of strikes
- "Many berry producers from Huelva are considering abandoning their crops"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- Kenya has surpassed South Africa as Africa’s top avocado exporter
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
Canada: Excellent growing conditions for cranberries in BC
This year, cranberry growers are also pleased to have the support of the Province of BC through the Buy Local Campaign, to tell more BC consumers about who we are and what we do. This is just one more way to assist our farmers in reaching out to our neighbours and communities.
Our farmers love this time of year, it is the culmination of a year of hard work and truly is the opportunity to see the fruits of their labour in the most visually appealing way! Most of our cranberries are harvested for the process market (sweetened dried cranberries, juice, etc) which is done by flooding our fields to get the crop out. It is a huge production to get 95,000,000 pounds out of our fields are careful coordination with receiving stations over a period of about 2 months is required.
While we know that it is not always easy to identify BC Cranberries in stores when you shop, you may visit our website at bccranberries.com to find out about our producer vendors that do have BC cranberries available. Another way to support our BC farmers is actually through purchasing Ocean Spray cranberry products.
For more information:
BC Cranberry Marketing Commission
Tel: +1 604 820 4451
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-30 APHIS establishes Mexican Fruit Fly quarantines in Hargill and Lyford, Willacy County, Texas
- 2022-06-30 Foreign imports are negatively affecting Indian apple trade
- 2022-06-30 Dutoit Agri and Maersk partner up with SA Harvest to alleviate hunger in South Africa
- 2022-06-30 Fragment Design logo grown on a melon
- 2022-06-30 "The new plantation will increase the production volume by 30% between 2023 and 2024"
- 2022-06-30 "Many berry producers from Huelva are considering abandoning their crops"
- 2022-06-30 Mexican growers plan to export up to 12% more berries
- 2022-06-30 "By putting in just a little energy, the system can be used effortlessly"
- 2022-06-30 Coöperatie Hoogstraten receives traders on its Taste Days Soft Fruit
- 2022-06-30 Successful beginning of season for the Italian Solinda watermelon
- 2022-06-30 "Sluggish melon market, balanced marketing situation for Spanish stone fruit"
- 2022-06-30 The production of Huangguan pears is expected to decrease by about 25% to 30% in the new season of 2022
- 2022-06-30 "Due to weaker holiday season demand, it becomes challenging to place all goods on the market"
- 2022-06-30 Chinese homebuilders skirt discount limits with ingenious promotions
- 2022-06-29 The overall price of bayberries has risen this year
- 2022-06-29 Wimbledon organizers: Price of strawberries & cream proves event is not elitist
- 2022-06-29 Raspberry season has started in Ukraine
- 2022-06-29 Himachal apple growers claim over 30% of crop damaged due to weather
- 2022-06-29 "Jumilla's pear production has fallen by 40-50% because of the spring rains, but we expect good prices this year"
- 2022-06-29 "The new blackberry varieties that are coming allow us to look to the future with optimism"