- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
- San Miguel sells fresh fruit operations in Peru and South Africa to Citri&Co
Russian buyer delegation introduced to US cranberry production
“Russian consumers are already familiar with their own native variety which is a popular mainstay of the Russian diet,” said Scott J. Soares, Executive Director, US Cranberries. “Our goal is to broaden consumer awareness and to build on Russia’s cranberry tradition with our American cranberry in all its versatile forms.”
Massachusetts is at the peak of harvest season with a projected forecast of 210 million pounds. Some growers have noted that this year’s berries are slightly smaller than last year’s due to cloudy and wet weather in early summer, but early harvest reports indicate good quality and color for the incoming crop.
“The Cape Cod Cranberry Growers Association (CCCGA), is proud to cooperate with the US Cranberries organization to host the Russian delegation,” said Paul Kindinger, Executive Director of the CCCGA. “We are delighted that the Russian delegation has chosen Massachusetts for their visit of cranberry production in the U.S. since we are a major production area and home to some of the largest processor/distributors of cranberry products in the world.”
The total projected harvest for US cranberries in 2013 is over 800 million pounds. In concert with the cranberry industry and Cranberry Marketing Committee members, a number of programs have been launched to raise awareness about the versatility and health benefits of the cranberry in key international markets.
For more information please visit www.uscranberries.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-28 Florida Dpt of Agriculture and Consumer Services announces presence of Oriental fruit flies
- 2022-06-28 Scientists send out wasps to save Willamette Valley fruits
- 2022-06-28 First cherries in British Columbia being harvested
- 2022-06-28 JAZZ™ apple heroic “DC League of Super-Pets”-branded snacks to fans
- 2022-06-28 Peru's blueberry campaign begins with expectations to increase shipments to Malaysia and India
- 2022-06-28 Cieza farmers will export a new red meat apricot to Europe this year
- 2022-06-28 Chilean fresh fruit exports up until May increased
- 2022-06-28 "I want to eventually supply retailers with white currants at Christmas"
- 2022-06-28 "There will be a boost to Murcia's promotional campaign in September"
- 2022-06-28 Covid, Brexit and Ukraine war worsen shortage of soft fruit pickers in UK
- 2022-06-28 UK: storm of Covid, Brexit, and the Ukraine war leads to worsening shortage of soft fruit pickers
- 2022-06-28 Georgia: Strawberry prices hit a four-year high
- 2022-06-28 Swedish Midsummer festival leads to record strawberry sales
- 2022-06-28 Pakistan growers hope to increase cherry presence in China
- 2022-06-27 Pakistan agrees to import tariff of 5% for Iranian apples
- 2022-06-27 Israel’s ARO Breeding Program releases Pearls of table grapes
- 2022-06-27 Tighter supplies of blueberries for July 4th holiday
- 2022-06-27 "There will be more than enough blueberries by the end of the year"
- 2022-06-27 Angelcot crop anticipated to move fast
- 2022-06-27 Peru's organic blueberry production will grow again