- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
- San Miguel sells fresh fruit operations in Peru and South Africa to Citri&Co
Onion storage is key to shelf life, quality
“The quality and length of life of onions depends on three processes: drying, cold storage, defrosting and heating up to room temperature,” said Einav's Li-at Cohen. Einav Technologies manufactures dehumidifiers, and Cohen pointed out that their products help with each process.
“The drying process reduces the risk of decay and water loss and prevents infection of microorganisms and bacteria,” explained Cohen. That process entails cooling the onions to between 20 C and 30 C, reaching 70 percent relative humidity and doing so within 24 to 48 hours. If the relative humidity is higher, there's the possibility that onions will begin to germinate and grow. To prevent that, and to reach optimal storage conditions, Cohen recommended installing dehumidifiers based on a water condensation method, since they aren't affected by the large amounts of dust that often accumulate in storage spaces. He added that Einav has dehumidifiers with different operating methods to ensure complete control over temperature and humidity conditions.
“Humidity is actively tracked by a sophisticated control system developed by Einav Technologies,” said Cohen. “The system adjusts its performance to environmental conditions, ensuring the required humidity is maintained while at the same time affording considerable energy savings.”
For more information:
Li-at Cohen, Marketing & Business Development, Director
Einav Cooling Technologies Ltd
Tel: +97 77-344-5555
Mobile: +97 54 - 2555751
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-28 Flooding destroys onion crops across Afghanistan
- 2022-06-28 Great interest from Sweden and Finland for the first Acquaviva red onions
- 2022-06-28 New platform will benefit Tanzanian potato farmers
- 2022-06-28 Proposed EU pesticide cuts could threaten potato growing in Ireland
- 2022-06-27 Later start on smaller crop of Idaho potatoes this summer
- 2022-06-27 Despite unpredictable market, slight increase in seed potato final price for growers
- 2022-06-27 Australian potato growers call for 20 cents more per kilo
- 2022-06-27 Potatoes SA chairs roundtable on the state of fresh produce markets
- 2022-06-27 "The current context is disrupting onion consumption habits"
- 2022-06-27 "Despite record exports, the onion market's mood's been bland just about all season"
- 2022-06-27 NFU Potato Forum chair Tim Rooke talks about costs and their impacts on potato growers
- 2022-06-27 Sri Lanka removes ban on open account food imports
- 2022-06-24 The staggering of potato plantings in Castile and Leon, a key factor in the development of the campaign
- 2022-06-23 "I never expected onions to become the main part of my business"
- 2022-06-23 Inbound trade mission to visit Idaho, Oregon July 18-22
- 2022-06-23 Irish retail and processing trade unchanged with good demand for processing material
- 2022-06-23 New entity proposed to represent British seed potato sector
- 2022-06-23 "In the herring season, our production goes up by four times"
- 2022-06-23 Cleaning a high-tech onion factory with Modesta
- 2022-06-22 Japan: Potato chip maker Calbee to raise prices