- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
Top 5 -yesterday
- Danish robots make up for labour shortages on farms across Europe and further afield
- Australian-first Reemoon Fruscan 7 blemish grading technology already achieving improved quality
- Supermarket shortages could worsen as Australian growers brace for rain
- Rain affects the quantity of ginger in the market, and the price is on the strong side
- Pure Harvest Smart Farms secures USD $180.5 million from global investors to fund expansion
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- Kenya has surpassed South Africa as Africa’s top avocado exporter
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
Long term partnerships the way forward for shippers
These long term agreements have also come into place due the major hike in container rates introduced by Maersk at the beginning of the year, which were a bit to much for customers to swallow in one bite. The bunker rates will however remain changeable.
Eskesen said it was a long term measure and they did not expect it to be popular, but the data showed that something had to be done, "We have lost 10% of our volume in the last nine months, which is a lot, but the revenue from the 9% of the market share which we have left is up. We now have better relationships with our customers."
Philip Damas from Drewry, warned shipper that although the demand for reefer boxes was currently seeing a slowdown in demand, there could soon be a shortage due to lack of investment in renewal of the specialised reefer fleet.
Peter Frederiksen from Hamburg Sud, agreed that longer partnerships are the order of the day, he went on to say that Hamburg Sud will, after two years of placing no new orders for reefer boxes, invest in equipment.
Eskersen said that in order to make more savings in the whole supply chain would have to be looked at also transparency is the way forward, "This will work better with long term relations, growers need flexibility in shippers to cope with changes in the markets."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 Transport sector offers both challenges and logistical handling opportunities
- 2022-07-01 Congested Port of Oakland cuts free wait time for import containers
- 2022-07-01 CMA CGM lowers freight rates to support French households' purchasing power
- 2022-07-01 Eastern Cape gets export boost from Transnet ports investment
- 2022-06-30 Shaffe report: Produce coalition exchange with the World Shipping Council
- 2022-06-30 Global schedule reliability remains between 30% and 40%
- 2022-06-30 Further expansion of UK operations with new depot in Doncaster
- 2022-06-29 Ghanaian traders to government: Reduce fuel prices to lower cost of food
- 2022-06-29 MDS Transmodal and Global Shippers Forum stress lack of competition in global liner market
- 2022-06-29 ‘Firms should be cautious when exporting agricultural products via Lao Cai’s border gate’
- 2022-06-29 Shanghai container handling nears pre-lockdown levels
- 2022-06-28 Peruvian transporters turn off their engines
- 2022-06-28 Container Terminal Altenwerder: World’s first climate-neutral container handling facility recertified
- 2022-06-28 Freight rates will drop by 20-30% in the second half of the year
- 2022-06-28 Container-ship building binge is not over yet
- 2022-06-28 Customs clearing and Forwarding agents enforce two-day strike in Bangladesh
- 2022-06-27 CMA CGM Group and MPA collaborate to advance maritime decarbonisation, digitalisation, innovation and workforce development
- 2022-06-27 "At Linde, we have set the bar very high in terms of ergonomics, safety, efficiency and productivity"
- 2022-06-24 Continued decrease in ocean freight spot rates is positive measure to curb inflation
- 2022-06-24 COVID, lockdowns and the impacts in China today