- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- Freight rates will drop by 20-30% in the second half of the year
- T&G takes big step towards low carbon future with Sustainability-Linked Loan
- 2022 NZ kiwifruit harvest complete
- Proposed EU pesticide cuts could threaten potato growing in Ireland
- Maersk: No abatement in surging costs of shipping goods
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
- San Miguel sells fresh fruit operations in Peru and South Africa to Citri&Co
Another record season for Australian grapes
Jeff Scott CEO of the Australian Table Grape Association, said most growers are pleased with the growing season so far and are expecting a good yield. "Growers are saying that looking at their vines at this stage of growth it is very positive and are hoping for bigger volumes than last year, which was record season in its self, particularly from Queensland."
With such a big crop expected a market is needed for the grapes. According to Scott this should not be a problem, "There is a good demand from Asian importers, we have a lot of new importers who are keen to start programs with Australian grape exporters so these leads will have to followed up but the demand is definitely there."
For more information:
Australian Table Grape Association
Tel: +613 5021 5718
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-29 The 7th International Berry Congress of Huelva finished after an interesting program of conferences
- 2022-06-29 International seed houses open their doors in Murcia to showcase their new melon and watermelon proposals
- 2022-06-29 Group of Gisborne growers is providing satellite orchards for Hawke's Bay-based Rockit Global
- 2022-06-29 South Tyrol: Pesticide ban affects Italy’s famed apple region
- 2022-06-29 Peruvian "blue gold" gains access to Israel market
- 2022-06-29 The overall price of bayberries has risen this year
- 2022-06-29 Wimbledon organizers: Price of strawberries & cream proves event is not elitist
- 2022-06-29 Raspberry season has started in Ukraine
- 2022-06-29 Himachal apple growers claim over 30% of crop damaged due to weather
- 2022-06-29 "Jumilla's pear production has fallen by 40-50% because of the spring rains, but we expect good prices this year"
- 2022-06-29 "The new blackberry varieties that are coming allow us to look to the future with optimism"
- 2022-06-29 "Even entrepreneurs from Argentina are investing in land in Cantabria to cultivate blueberries"
- 2022-06-29 "We'll produce blueberries so early and with such good yields that imports from the southern hemisphere could decrease drastically"
- 2022-06-28 Florida Dpt of Agriculture and Consumer Services announces presence of Oriental fruit flies
- 2022-06-28 Scientists send out wasps to save Willamette Valley fruits
- 2022-06-28 First cherries in British Columbia being harvested
- 2022-06-28 JAZZ™ apple heroic “DC League of Super-Pets”-branded snacks to fans
- 2022-06-28 Peru's blueberry campaign begins with expectations to increase shipments to Malaysia and India
- 2022-06-28 Cieza farmers will export a new red meat apricot to Europe this year
- 2022-06-28 Chilean fresh fruit exports up until May increased