- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW TOMATOES
- “Harvesting large volumes of blueberries should be delayed by about 7 to 10 days”
- South African power grid under immense strain as cold stores prepare for new EU orange protocol
- Ecuador’s banana exports to resume after end of crippling nationwide protests
- Extreme price pressure on banana producers
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- Kenya has surpassed South Africa as Africa’s top avocado exporter
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
California Table Grapes shipped at record pace
“Grapes from California are in strong demand worldwide,” said Kathleen Nave, president of the California Table Grape Commission. “With nearly 45 million boxes shipped, the industry is on pace for another record crop year.”
August 2013 saw 18.4 million boxes shipped, according to USDA data, a record-high for the month of August. This is six percent more than August 2012. The previous record of 18.1 million boxes was set in August 2007.
The total volume surpassed the 100 million 19-pound box equivalent mark for the first time in history last year and set a new record. The 2013 season estimate is 105.7 million 19-pound box equivalents.
Grapes from California will be available around the world through January 2014.
For more information:
Grapes from California
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 Charentais melons grown in Belgium for the first time
- 2022-07-01 Cherry harvesting has begun in the South Okanagan, delayed by rain
- 2022-07-01 Watermelon retail merchandising contest call for entries
- 2022-07-01 2022 Pear harvest expected to stay below European potential
- 2022-07-01 “Kishmish” and “Rizamat” grape varieties on sale in Uzbekistan
- 2022-07-01 Georgian blueberry prices have fallen this week
- 2022-07-01 "Extremadura confirms, once again, that it is a reliable stone fruit producing area"
- 2022-07-01 "Cooperatives from Almeria and Murcia showcase the importance of having your own sales departments abroad"
- 2022-07-01 “Harvesting large volumes of blueberries should be delayed by about 7 to 10 days”
- 2022-06-30 APHIS establishes Mexican Fruit Fly quarantines in Hargill and Lyford, Willacy County, Texas
- 2022-06-30 Foreign imports are negatively affecting Indian apple trade
- 2022-06-30 Dutoit Agri and Maersk partner up with SA Harvest to alleviate hunger in South Africa
- 2022-06-30 Fragment Design logo grown on a melon
- 2022-06-30 "The new plantation will increase the production volume by 30% between 2023 and 2024"
- 2022-06-30 "Many berry producers from Huelva are considering abandoning their crops"
- 2022-06-30 Mexican growers plan to export up to 12% more berries
- 2022-06-30 "By putting in just a little energy, the system can be used effortlessly"
- 2022-06-30 Coöperatie Hoogstraten receives traders on its Taste Days Soft Fruit
- 2022-06-30 Successful beginning of season for the Italian Solinda watermelon
- 2022-06-30 "Sluggish melon market, balanced marketing situation for Spanish stone fruit"