Announcements

Job Offers

Specials more

Top 5 -yesterday

Top 5 -last week

Top 5 -last month

Germany: Onion causes evacuation and arrival of fire services

Last Saturday in atown in southern Germany, the Fire and Rescue Services were called toan apartment complex where the occupants were evacuated after an allegedexplosion. After an acrid stench was smelled, the safe signal wasgiven. 

 

It may be hard tobelieve but the cause of all this was an onion! The vegetable was kept in a Tupperwarebox where it started to ferment, so explained the Police last Sunday. Thegasses had built up so much that the top of the box sprung open with such aforce it sounded like an explosion!

 

This was why allthe inhabitants were taken to safety. A gas reading showed up negative, but theacrid smell led the Police in the right direction. After the house wasfound to be safe, the inhabitants could return to their home. 

 

 


Publication date:



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber