- Breeding Trial Specialist
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Lower early Flame volumes and costs challenges for Mexican table grapes
- “The competition won’t be easy for the Egyptian grapes”
- Suiderland Plase’s third and largest citrus packhouse becomes operational
- Unprecedented demand for fresh produce software company after remote packhouse solutions installation
- "The number of illegal hectares of bananas in Ecuador comes close to that of Costa Rica"
Top 5 -last week
- "The fertilizer industry is at a turning point"
- From the ripe revolution of avocados to expansion into mangos
- AAA Growers' first sea freight avocados selling well in Dubai market
- Sri Lankan coconut coir exporter to double berry farms in Mexico
- China’s lockdowns force fruit exporters to divert to Southeast Asia
Top 5 -last month
France: Campbells launches vegetables in CombiblocMidi
In Mediterranean Ratatouille, Ratatouille with Yellow Vegetables, Aubergines Confit and Vegetable Hotpot variants, ready-to-serve vegetable side dishes are now on the supermarket shelf in carton packs – right next to similar canned products. The carton pack really stands out – one reason is that the packaging for the Liebig products has been printed in landscape format for the first time, and that is the way they will be standing on the shelf.
The aseptic filling of the vegetable side dishes, containing big, al dente pieces of vegetables, into aseptic carton packs is made possible by a product preparation system that uses the ohmic process. This is a gentle, continuous heating process used to sterilise the products. The food is heated by means of an electric current. The product flows through a compact combination of pipes, which serves as electrical resistance. Compared to conventional thermal sterilisation techniques, the product is not heated over a hot surface, but uniformly through the entire product volume. The electric current goes through the food, causing the temperature to rise rapidly to high degrees Celsius. The advantage of this method is that the product ingredients retain their natural flavour and a firmer consistency than in the conventional retort process used, for instance, in conjunction with food metal cans. The ohmic process is suited in particular for processing chunky products such as fruit, vegetables and meat, vegetable soups and purées.
Once the product has been sterilised, the vegetable dished containing big, al dente pieces of vegetables are filled into aseptic carton packs in the SIG Combibloc filling machines. After the filling process has taken place, the carton packs are ultrasonically sealed above the fill level, and not through the product. This prevents product ingredients from getting caught in the sealed seam – a big plus for aseptic product safety.
For more information:
SIG International Services GmbH
Tel.: +49 2462 79 2608
Fax: +49 2462 79 17 2608
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-25 The new law in France for sustainable packaging
- 2022-05-25 Organic salad bowls now in separable cardboard tray
- 2022-05-25 ‘Cardboard good, plastics bad’
- 2022-05-24 ACT weakens plastic ban by removing fruit and vegetable bags
- 2022-05-24 A Catalan company creates edible packaging that avoids the use of plastic
- 2022-05-23 "We introduce fruit and vegetable transport and storage containers that can connect to the internet"
- 2022-05-20 Mondipal introduces a new soft fruit crate
- 2022-05-20 Water-resistant paper brings plastic alternative
- 2022-05-19 Sainsbury set to drop plastic packaging on bananas
- 2022-05-19 "Through the new flowpack system we are killing several birds with one stone"
- 2022-05-16 Smarter banana packaging means fruits are staggered by ripeness level
- 2022-05-12 Agromediterránea replaces plastic with 100% compostable PLA and kraft packaging
- 2022-05-10 "Paper banding enables cost-efficient entry into new product group"
- 2022-05-06 "World first with EN-certified 3-layer film for home composting"
- 2022-05-06 New three-pound mesh bags for Mountain King baby golds and reds
- 2022-05-05 Researchers present packaging material made from pineapple waste
- 2022-05-04 Earthpad, a recyclable paper-based absorbent pad
- 2022-05-04 How to switch your packaging from plastics to paper
- 2022-05-03 "The crates allow better refrigeration to keep the products fresh and give longer shelf-life"
- 2022-05-02 Finnish paper supplier strike finally over