- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- Freight rates will drop by 20-30% in the second half of the year
- T&G takes big step towards low carbon future with Sustainability-Linked Loan
- 2022 NZ kiwifruit harvest complete
- Proposed EU pesticide cuts could threaten potato growing in Ireland
- Maersk: No abatement in surging costs of shipping goods
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
- San Miguel sells fresh fruit operations in Peru and South Africa to Citri&Co
NZ: Apollo Apples new juice goes down well in Hong Kong
Ross Beaton, Director of Apollo Apples was at Asia Fruit Logistica in Hong Kong to test the water for a new direction for the company. He explains, "As a company we produce 13,000 tonnes of waste apple s a year, currently we send this to a processor who turns it into concentrate. What we want to do is develop this waste into high quality food such as baby food and elder care formulations for the developing countries such as India, China and Asia, Middle east."
"Apples are historically a feel good fruit, when you bite into an apple it sets off endorphins making you feel happy and it is the original aphrodisiac. We are working with universities, have our own food technologist and are investing in a lot of research and development."
One of the first products to be tested was a range of single pressed fruit juices. Beaton took the range of HoneyGlo juices to Hong Kong to evaluate the Asian response, "We had to be sure the Asian consumer would accept the taste and they seemed to like it, we had Apple, Apple and Pear and Apple and Feijoa. We also had to determine the preferred size of bottle, taking into consideration smaller living space and limited refrigeration possibilities means that they tend to shop everyday in Asia."
Beaton goes on to say that the trials in Hong Kong were a success, but there is still a lot of work to do. The HoneyGlo Juice will also be launched on the New Zealand market through the Foodstuffs cooperative, discussions are in place for this development.
For more information:
Tel: +64 873 0404
Mob: +64 21 460 475
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-29 The 7th International Berry Congress of Huelva finished after an interesting program of conferences
- 2022-06-29 International seed houses open their doors in Murcia to showcase their new melon and watermelon proposals
- 2022-06-29 Group of Gisborne growers is providing satellite orchards for Hawke's Bay-based Rockit Global
- 2022-06-29 South Tyrol: Pesticide ban affects Italy’s famed apple region
- 2022-06-29 Peruvian "blue gold" gains access to Israel market
- 2022-06-29 The overall price of bayberries has risen this year
- 2022-06-29 Wimbledon organizers: Price of strawberries & cream proves event is not elitist
- 2022-06-29 Raspberry season has started in Ukraine
- 2022-06-29 Himachal apple growers claim over 30% of crop damaged due to weather
- 2022-06-29 "Jumilla's pear production has fallen by 40-50% because of the spring rains, but we expect good prices this year"
- 2022-06-29 "The new blackberry varieties that are coming allow us to look to the future with optimism"
- 2022-06-29 "Even entrepreneurs from Argentina are investing in land in Cantabria to cultivate blueberries"
- 2022-06-29 "We'll produce blueberries so early and with such good yields that imports from the southern hemisphere could decrease drastically"
- 2022-06-28 Florida Dpt of Agriculture and Consumer Services announces presence of Oriental fruit flies
- 2022-06-28 Scientists send out wasps to save Willamette Valley fruits
- 2022-06-28 First cherries in British Columbia being harvested
- 2022-06-28 JAZZ™ apple heroic “DC League of Super-Pets”-branded snacks to fans
- 2022-06-28 Peru's blueberry campaign begins with expectations to increase shipments to Malaysia and India
- 2022-06-28 Cieza farmers will export a new red meat apricot to Europe this year
- 2022-06-28 Chilean fresh fruit exports up until May increased