- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
Top 5 -yesterday
- Danish robots make up for labour shortages on farms across Europe and further afield
- Australian-first Reemoon Fruscan 7 blemish grading technology already achieving improved quality
- Supermarket shortages could worsen as Australian growers brace for rain
- Ecuador: Non-oil export losses amount to $85 million in 16 days of strikes
- "Many berry producers from Huelva are considering abandoning their crops"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- Kenya has surpassed South Africa as Africa’s top avocado exporter
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
French/Dutch collaboration to deliver high quality star ruby grapefruit
“We import our volumes from the Antunes region in Michoacan de Ocampo in Mexico, definitely the best growing region for grapefruit in Mexico. For some years we have been working with one professional grower, who has more than 600 hectares of grapefruit in production, as well as a wonderful packing facility in which to process the harvest. This gives us full control over production standards and export quality”.
Guy Lesvenan confirms that his Mexican imports are all from a production area which is GlobalGap certified, and that it meets the stringent European import requirements. He recently visited Mexico, and as always was highly impressed by the warm hospitality of the Mexicans. He says that he was just as impressed with the level of social responsibility awareness which his supplier has integrated in the farm. “The large-scale farm provides employment to many people from the village of Antunes, and my supplier is well-known as an employer who cares for his workforce”.
The Netherlands-based fresh produce specialist Cool Fresh International cooperates with Miles in marketing the ‘Ruby’ brand grapefruit to clients all over Europe. According to Jean Paul van Wijk of Cool Fresh International a number of factors make it very easy to market this product. “The combination of Brix levels of between 11° and 14°, juice content of between 40% and 60%, and a thin and smooth skin this product gives us a product which tastes great and looks good. The fact that a broad spread of sizes is available (from 27 to 60) also goes a long way towards fullfilling programs both in the traditional markets as well as in niche segments”. Van Wijk says that he has been collaborating with Guy Lesvanan for many years, and their relationship has always been mutually satisfying.
For more information:
Cool Fresh International
Tel:+ 31 88 3 777 111
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-30 APHIS expands and establishes Citrus Greening quarantine areas in California
- 2022-06-30 Consumers fear Taipā mandarins are going to waste
- 2022-06-29 Citrus Pest and Disease Prevention Program releases annual report for FY2020-2021
- 2022-06-29 Argentina will harvest almost 2 million tons of lemons this season
- 2022-06-29 “It was a really bad citrus campaign”
- 2022-06-29 Nicaraguan plantation has potential yield of up to 150,000 native limes a week
- 2022-06-29 Deadly golden dodder weed threatens citrus in Teso, Uganda
- 2022-06-29 Citrus Forum brought together more than 1,450 professionals from the sector and became an international reference for the sector
- 2022-06-28 Early mandarins picked and listed, and the market has a good start
- 2022-06-28 Revised estimates for fresh lemon production up by 15 percent
- 2022-06-27 South Africa set for record citrus exports of 2.7 million tons in MY2021/22
- 2022-06-27 The transporters' strike in Argentina could cause millions of losses in Tucuman and Corrientes' lemon harvest
- 2022-06-27 "Political pressure trumps scientific facts in new EU rule on cold treatment of South African oranges"
- 2022-06-27 South African citrus: "The Russian market turned out to be actually very good"
- 2022-06-24 Differing expectations of start date of new cold treatment for Southern African oranges
- 2022-06-24 Zimbabwe: Citrus exports to EU up 30%
- 2022-06-24 Turkish citrus production up, profit margins down
- 2022-06-23 CRDF recommends lowering Box Tax Rate
- 2022-06-23 Citrus season in full swing at Star South Fruits
- 2022-06-23 The 2021/22 Spanish lemon season ends with a "positive balance"